Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lallen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2007, 05:38 PM
    Fire damage liability
    If a juvenile starts a fire on city owned property, a playground area, and the city owned parcel and city owned adjacent parcel have not been properly maintained for fire control, is the city responsible for damages caused to properties adjacent to their property?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 29, 2007, 05:59 PM
    While a court may judge that the city has partial liablity, normally the parents of the juvenile will hold the majority of the responsibility.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fire propert damage [ 9 Answers ]

I've recently had a garage fire and it was determined not arson and accidental. Not actual determination of the cause. I've lost quite a bit of property in this fire and didn't have rental insurance- ignorant me- never thought about it... nevertheless, in my rental contract nothing is indicated...

Fire damage [ 3 Answers ]

By Massachusetts state law, can the landlord charge the tenant for fire damage?

Fire Damage to House [ 5 Answers ]

An apartment building housing 3 families caught on fire next door to a house that I own and collapsed and burned to the ground. According to the final fire report, the cause of the fire cannot be determined. There was extensive damage to my house, and it is considered a total loss. The owner of...

RV Park Liability - Damage to property [ 2 Answers ]

I paid a year's rental at an RV Park, I pay for my electric monthly to the RV Park after they send me a bill. The road behind the park has been widened due to a new apartment complex being built and therefore the fence bordering the property had to be torn down. The construction company...

Apartment Owner Liability After Fire [ 1 Answers ]

An apartment building (3 units) caught on fire next door to a house that I own. The cause of the fire has yet to be determined or may not be determined. The building collapsed and burned to the ground. There was extensive damage to my house, and it is considered a total loss. My house was...

View more questions Search