Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Just5ofus Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2007, 01:59 PM
    Deciding if to euthenize
    Do I take my cat back to the pound or go to the vet and have her euthenized properly (if this is proper)?
    We adopted our toothless calicol about six years ago, she was about eight at the time and they didn't know what happened to her teeth. Her mouth was fine and ate quite well when we brought her home. She was just VERY scared and took almost a year to warm up to anyone.
    She is now not eating well (tried MANY different foods) and when she does she throws it back up a little while later. She is not using the litter box and has become skittish again. She will still sleep on our bed, but once we are awake she runs off scared. She is no longer playful and doesn't want to be bothered. I have isolated her to just our bedroom almost three months ago and still she is not getting better. My husband is getting disgusted because she throws up on the bed, the pillows or where ever she is at the time.
    What should I do?:confused:
    katieperez Posts: 236, Reputation: 35

Oct 29, 2007, 02:08 PM
    First you should get her to the vet for a thorough examination. Under no circumstances should you take her to the pound to have her dealt with there. That would be wrong in so many ways. If the vet determines that she is far enough gone that it would be in her best interest to be put down, then it will be done humanely at the vets office.
    lfausty Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2007, 02:51 PM
    Throwing up because the cat can't pass what she eating it has no choice but to throw up as the food does begin to digest and rot, its toxins building. And throwing all the time prolonged period isn't good at all for organs heart etc. there is a hairball or something obstructing stomach intestines something.
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Dec 18, 2007, 06:44 PM
    Have you had her examined by a vet,and had bloodwork ran to see if she has an illness that will make her behave this way.She deserves a chance,and you can more than likely treat the problem if you catch it before it destroys her kidneys or liver.She may be behaving this way because she needs medical attention.I hope she gets well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Children deciding they're where-abouts. [ 2 Answers ]

Okoes anyone know if there is any kind of way that children can decide what parent they want to live with?I think that it should be the child's decision if the child is over 12. Does this make sense?is this a stupid question?somebody answer me... PLEASE!!

Trouble deciding about what I am going to be [ 6 Answers ]

I have a question for you girls... What worked best for you?. being a tomboy or a girly girl? I was asking this question because I am having trouble deciding what I am going to be. From, Sam the Man or Emily??

Help deciding [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a hard time figuring out what software to use. Can someone please suggest a really good anti-virus software for PC please? Thank you

I need help in deciding what to do with my thoughts! [ 11 Answers ]

I'm 15, and I have major problems with depression and anxiety. Which have been going on as long as I can remember, mostly from being much taller then my friends and more matured, and from having dyslexia at an early age. And the depression went along with that. So far the psychiatrist has put...

Help on deciding [ 4 Answers ]

Ok well I want to get an apple but am unsure as to the disadvantages. I have read the entire discussion fourom but still have some questions. Is there a version of Photoshop for the Powerbook G5? Laso, downloading files from the internet. If I went to a site like www.download.com could I get any...

View more questions Search