Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Terri Diegel Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Oct 29, 2007, 08:43 AM
    Irrevokable trust
    My mother in law has a irrevokable trust naming my husband and his sister as beneficieries when she dies. She can sell the home at anytime and disburse the funds in anyway while she is living and the trust will be voided. My question is: Is there anything that can be wrote in this irrevokable trust to ensure both beneficeries can still end up with equal inheritance if the home is sold? Lots of problems and trust issues in this family. My husband fears mom will sell and give all to sister. Sister is very greety and influential... long story!
    Thank you
    Marriedguy Posts: 474, Reputation: 115

Oct 29, 2007, 09:24 AM
    Simple answer no. See link.

Irrevocable Trust

This is just regarding the estate. The other items would probably be addressed in her will if she has one.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 06:38 PM
    And remember... it's the mom's money. She can leave it to whoever she wants... both the kids equally, all to the sister, the guy who picks up the trash... Best bet, in my mind, is to expect nothing and be appreciative of what you get.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why should I trust ? [ 3 Answers ]

Why is the man who invests all your money called a 'broker'?

Irrevokable trust [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, My mother in law had my husband and his sister on her deed for many years to protect her assets from all her divorces. She told my husband she wanted to take them off the deed and make out a will. He did so and found out when he left the notary's office... the mom had another quit claim deed...

This is trust! [ 4 Answers ]

A contestant on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" had reached the final plateau. If she answered the next question correctly, she would win $1,000,000. If she answered incorrectly, she would pocket only the $32,000 milestone money. And as she suspected it would be, the million-dollar...

Revocable Trust (Grantor) Trust w/3rd party trustee [ 2 Answers ]

It was my understanding that if a grantor set up a revocable trust and a third party (let's say a bank) was named as trustee, the trustee was required to file a Form 1041. I am unable to locate any IRC or other guidance that would confirm or deny this. Please help. Thank you. Diana

Trust. [ 7 Answers ]

Hey all OK well lately I seem to be in a bit of a dilemma... I fear that I don't trust my girlfriend. I don't know if this is true, but I am having suspicions... At the moment we are living in different cities and see each other every month or so, we talk every night or most nights on msn, and...

View more questions Search