Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Velouria84 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2005, 05:58 PM
    I need help with an 80's or early 90's fantasy movie title!
    I stumbled into this place and it looks like someone may be able to help me with this...

I've been after a movie title for something like the last ten or fifteen years, and just lately it's started bugging me afresh. I must have seen it when I was super small, and only remember fragments of the ending. Anyway, here's what I've got:

These (seemingly) small kids are in this huge black room, and the floor is cracking up so that they can only stand on spaces jutting up, and they're trying to find a pathway out of there. There's some old man in a suit spotlighted, and apparently he's evil and trying to trick them. Also, there are tall, demonic looking figures/creatures trying to grab the kids. Jump to my next piece of memory, the end of the movie: some of the kids are back home in "the real world", and suddenly there's a huge explosion outside. Apparently something from that "other place" has bombed or landed and destroyed half their house, only I think they're the only ones who realize that. Neighbors and whatnot are shouting and trying to figure out what just happened, and one child finds his microwave on the lawn, opens it and finds a special rock or giant stone or something that apparently had massive significance. Besides that, all I remember is that the ending credits had a map in the background.

I know that all sounds insane and like a dream, but I swear it has to be out there somewhere. I haven't really thought of it in several years, but a friend and I were talking about kids fantasy movies in the 80's, and it triggered these memories and now I'm on a search rampage.

Help! I'd be forever grateful if someone else knew what I'm talking about. Thanks again. -Vanessa
    tanyamccracken Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2005, 06:37 PM
    Was the movie...

Time Bandits
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081633/combined
    Velouria84 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2005, 11:09 PM
    It's been so long that I can't be sure but screenshots are very very vaguely familiar. I'll rent it and find out for sure. Thank you so much!
    wise uk Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2006, 01:26 PM
    Its defo Time Bandits! My fave film. A bunch of midgets steal a map from God and go off time traveling to get stinken ritch! The stone in the microwave is a piece of the devil. Lol
    clashcitydesign Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Jun 7, 2007, 10:27 PM
    TIME BANDITS!

Great Movie! The mom and dad are horrid people to this kid and they find the piece of evil in the microwave;

"Mum, dad, don't touch that. It's evil!"

They touch it. POOF! There gone.

Sean Connery has a great role in that movie too and one of my top 3 favorite George Harrison songs plays during the end credits.
    Lemonpuff50 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2011, 09:33 PM
    Yeah definitely sounds like time bandits :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's... maybe EARLY 90's movie... [ 11 Answers ]

Okay, I'm looking for a movie that I remember back when I was little. I want to say it's an 80's movie. It was around the time The Last Unicorn came out. I think I remember seeing a preview for Kiko's Mail Service on the tape. Anyway its about a little girl who like goes to a place in the clouds. I...

Looking for an 80's or 90's children's fantasy movie [ 20 Answers ]

There is a children's movie that I can't get out of my head. It had something to do with a real little girl who travels through a mirror and encounters a witch. I also think there were some puppets that became her friends. I don't remember too many details because I was really young but I...

80's or 90's kids show or movie-Fantasy [ 20 Answers ]

This is driving me crazy because I can't find out if this a real show or a collaboration of show in my mind from when I was a kid. The main characters are a brother and sister or maybe just a girl that have this magic crystal that takes them to another "fantasy land" where they meet up with...

Help! Another children's 80's or early 90's movie [ 6 Answers ]

All I remember from this movie is that this girl used to go through the closet in her bedroom to another land. I can't remember what she had to do there, but there was an evil lady that ate cherries out of an enclosed glass case to stay youthful. Towards the end the case got knocked over and the...

Name of 80's or 90's kids fantasy movie [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all I am trying to find a title of a movie done about the late 80's early 90's or so. It was a kids movie, where a kid, proabably in his teens, gets transported back in time to a slightly alternate universe. Sort of medieval/fudal. I saw the trailer for it and remember it had...

View more questions Search