Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigjeff218 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2007, 05:50 PM
    18 yr old kenmore dryer
    My dryer takes an extremely long time to dry. Towels will take about 3 hours to dry. I have replaced the heating element before.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2007, 05:56 PM
    You have to look at a couple of things. If the exhaust air is too slow, you'll have trouble drying, so it could be that belt or friction on the fan/motor.

If the regulating sensor is covered in lint or bad, you'll get the same problem.

And last, but not least. If the drum isn't turning.

Make/model of dryer?
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 06:44 PM
    Bigjeff218:::- Keepitsimplestupid has good ans. But left one out ( CHECK THE VENT GOING OUT Through THE WALL TO OUTSIDE <FOR BLOCKAGES ) Hello keepitsimplestupid::::: F.B.E.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2007, 06:31 AM
    FBE: Critters in the duct! I forgot about that one. I did mention it on someone else's post.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2007, 10:50 AM
    bigjeff218-- My wife reminded me that we had a similar problem when our clothes would not dry. We had a fuse box (not breakers) and when they checked 1 of the 2 fuses for the 220 unit was blown. The dryer would run, but it took forever to dry clothes. Sometimes it's so easy to overlook the obvious. Good luck! F.B.E.

Oct 30, 2007, 05:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid
    You have to look at a couple of things. If the exhaust air is too slow, you'll have trouble drying, so it could be that belt or friction on the fan/motor.

If the regulating sensor is covered in lint or bad, you'll get the same problem.

And last, but not least. If the drum isn't turning.

Make/model of dryer?
    Thanks. I did clean out a quite a bit of lint feom the outside. Now I have to wait until I have enough laundry to see if that helps. I'll let you know.

Oct 30, 2007, 05:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Blue Eagle
    Bigjeff218:::- Keepitsimplestupid has good ans. but left one out ( CHECK THE VENT GOING OUT THRU THE WALL TO OUTSIDE <FOR BLOCKAGES ) Hello keepitsimplestupid::::: F.B.E.
    Thanks. I did clean out a quite a bit of lint feom the outside. Now I have to wait until I have enough laundry to see if that helps. I'll let you know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Model # of Kenmore Elite Catalysts Washer set to Kenmore 110.60936990 dryer from 1999 [ 3 Answers ]

I am experiencing weird problems with my top of the line Kenmore Elite Catalysts washing machine. I bought the washer and dryer as a pair for about $1700 in 1999. The dryer model # is 110.60936990 but the sticker has worn off the washer so I do not know the model #. I think it could be...

Kenmore dryer [ 4 Answers ]

My dryer go on but there's no heat I just had it fix for the same problem. I was told it had a breaker that may turn heat back on. HELP I don't know where it is. Thank you.

Kenmore Stackable Dryer/Washer Dryer Squeaks [ 1 Answers ]

We have developed a squeak in the dryer. It does heat okay and clothes are tumbling well. I went online to get the schematics of the dryer drum, but would not know where to start as parts are numbered and not named. Help:confused:

View more questions Search