Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smg2 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2007, 05:34 PM
    harmonic motion
    A vertical sprng with spring stiffness constant 305N/m vibrates with an amplitude of 28.0cm when 0.260kg hangs from it. The mass passes through the equilibrium point(y=0) with positive velocity at t=0 a) What equation describes this motion as a function of time? b) At what times will the spring have its maximum and minimum extensions?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Oct 28, 2007, 05:37 PM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...board-b-u.html
    biggrams Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2008, 09:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smg2
    A vertical sprng with spring stiffness constant 305N/m vibrates with an amplitude of 28.0cm when 0.260kg hangs from it. The mass passes through the equilibrium point(y=0) with positive velocity at t=0 a) What equation describes this motion as a function of time? b) At what times will the spring have its maximum and minimum extentions?
    Ccc

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harmonic motion [ 1 Answers ]

A 0.60 kg mas vibrates according to the equation x= 0.45cos6.40r, where x is in meters and t is in seonds. Determinr a) the amplitude b) the frequency c) the total energy and d) the kinetic energy and potential energies when x=0.30m.

The springs of a 1500kg car compress 5.0mm when its 68kg driver gets into th drivers seat. If the car goes over a bump what will bethe frequency of vibrations?

At what dissplacement from equilibrium is the speed of a SHO half the maximum value?

Simple Harmonic Motion [ 2 Answers ]

1. A light spiral spring is loaded with a mass of 0.05kg and it extends by 0.10m. Determine: the period of small vertical oscillation if the value of g is 10m/s-2

Oscillations - velocity of simple harmonic motion [ 3 Answers ]

Sir / Madam I have adoubt in the folwing section of finding the velocity of a Simple Harmonic Motion (SHM)... I have encircled the place of doubt I have attached a picture file my doubt is how to get a w cos wt from d (a sin...

View more questions Search