Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goofysk Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2007, 05:21 PM
    How to delete NTFS partition from dos
    Hi Everyone,

My first question is that when I try to boot my HP PC it keeps reboot and reboot after first windows xp logo comes and doesn't enter to windows. I have windows xp on NTFS partition... I tried to recover it through System Recovery disk it aborted after boot from system recovery disk. The System Recovery disk has WinME

My Second question is that how to delete NTFS partition from dos. I tried to delete NTFS partition and created new partiotin using fdisk after creating new partition I try to restart my computer... but it still remain in NTFS.

If anyone can have answer for this problem and share his or her idea with everyone will greatly appriciated... Thanks
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Oct 28, 2007, 05:31 PM
    If you delete the partition, you will need to reinstall windows again from scratch. If you're going to do that, you can just delete the partition from the windows setup. Put in the windows XP CD and boot to it, you should come up with the Windows XP Setup

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to delete NTFS partition from dos [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, My first question is that when I try to boot my HP PC it keeps reboot n reboot after first windows xp logo comes n doesn't enter to windows. I have windows xp on NTFS partition... I tried to recover it through System Recovery disk it aborted after boot from system recovery disk. The...

Ntfs [ 3 Answers ]

I have a hard drive which is formatted as ntfs which I want to format as fat32 so that I can put Windows98 onto it, but it refuses to reformat with fdisk, is it possible to go back to fat32 or not, any suggestions appreciated

Dual installation; same partition; both windowsXP; How do I delete one? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I installed two installations of windows xp on accident on my laptop hard drive. I tried to do a repair install but the cd I used was a silent install cd for windows and I forgot it was. So I ended up with two windows XP installs on my hard drive, both on partition C. The folders on the C...

NTFS better then FAT32? [ 1 Answers ]

Will there be some programs or hardware that I can't use if I convert my system from a FAT32 to NTFS? I currently am running windows xp professional. I had windows 98SE and then I f-disked and formated and did a full install of XP.

Why is NTFS better then FAT32? [ 2 Answers ]

Will there be some programs or hardware that I can't use if I convert my system from a FAT32 to NTFS? I currently am running windows xp professional. I had windows 98SE and then I f-disked and formated and did a full install of XP.

View more questions Search