Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Apologisenow Posts: 295, Reputation: 2

Oct 28, 2007, 04:10 PM
    Error Message - MOM.exe
    Hi everyone I'm getting an error message when I log on called MOM.exe anyone have any ideas about what it is and what I could do to get rid of it?
    DaBaAd Posts: 271, Reputation: 36

Oct 29, 2007, 02:55 PM
    Strongly suggest visiting this link:

Spyware.Mom - Symantec.com
    Apologisenow Posts: 295, Reputation: 2

Oct 29, 2007, 03:59 PM
    Hi I have been reading around and I have read that it could be part of the ATI Catalyst Control Centre?
    DaBaAd Posts: 271, Reputation: 36

Oct 30, 2007, 08:47 AM
    It was probably a hole in the current version of ATI Catalyst Control Centre software. The keylogger (mom.exe) took advantage of this.

However don't be misled by this. The initial diagnosis is still that it is spyware. I'd run Ad-aware and Spybot, then visit Symantec to rid your computer of it.

Cheers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

RVHost.exe error message windows xp [ 7 Answers ]

I'm getting the following error message: Windows cannot find RVHost.exe,make sure you typed the name correctly... Most likely it is a virus! Could you please advise on how to remove it? Thanks.

Wandrv.exe - error message [ 2 Answers ]

Every time I log-on, this error message pops up at startup and Im not sure how to get rid of it (wandrv.exe) PLEASE LEAVE ME SOME ADVICE Thanks

Asking about MDM.EXE message disturbance [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Dears I am facing a problem that when I run any application then there come message box with containing text related to MDM.EXE. I search it and delete from c:\windows and from registery but it come frequently after 5 to 6 seconds time interval. I have installed norton antivirus Enterprise 7...

View more questions Search