Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tisser Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2003, 07:36 AM
    "missing" printer port
    I cannot explain it, but my printer port has disappeared and so I cannot get my printer to work.

My printer is canon BCJ 210 and my O S is Win98se.

I had not used my printer for some months and when I wanted to do some work, I could not porint anything.

The printer is working o.k as a print test by the printer alone worked o.k.

I have downloaded the latest drivers, but as the Printer port cannot be found and my Com ports appear to be in use, I am at my wits end (71 year old wits)

Any help would be very much appreciated

Regards

Harold
    tisser Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2003, 01:07 PM
    "missing" printer port
    Thanks for your reply

I tried your suggestions but to no avail, I just do not have a printer port showing as present on my PC.

I have 2 com ports which my PC states are in use and not available for the printer... when I try to link the printer with the com port, I get a message that it is already in use.

My printer has worked in the past and it is only recently after I had a crash and did a re install of the O.S that it seems to vanished.

Is the lack of a printe port a software or hardware problem?

Thank you again for your efforts on my behalf

Harold

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

"landlord missing in action" Delaware county,PA [ 5 Answers ]

I been living in a section 8 rented home for 3 years now, and my landlord has not been seen in a month. The last time I seen and spoken with him was dec. 30, he collected the rent and was going to fix my stove, he told me he will be back after the holidays. My landlord is always on time picking up...

Printer driver - "access denied"? [ 2 Answers ]

Using Win XP Pro, installed printer was working fine, changed "print spool" location as a tweak but now printer is not working as before. Uninstalled printer driver and tried to reinstall, but get "access denied"? I am loged in as administrator. Lost??

View more questions Search