Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tlinsell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2007, 07:11 AM
    No running COLD water upstairs in bathroom sink/bath
    I have NO cold running water coming out of bathroom taps . The hot is running fine. This just happened all of a sudden with no cause I can think of. I have both cold and hot water downstairs running fine. The bathroom is upstairs. Can you help me Thanks .
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2007, 08:22 AM
    Tlinsell ::-There can be several reasons ,hope I can hit the right one , Check the shutoff valve under sink to cold (ON? ). I have seen a cutoff under bath sink and water "T" off going to tub, shut it off and tub is off at same time, also there could be trash in faucets, on the cold side , now there could be a shut off for water going to 2nd floor that was put there so water could be off to second floor in winter. If they (city) done any line repair ,that's where trash ,mud all kinds of little particals in the water ending at end of line at faucets . I know this seems impossible ,but like I said ,I've ran into this problem.have you or someone else done any plumbing on the house lately?? YOU may have to call a good plumber to find the cause after you dio some checking. Good Luck :::: F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sputtering water in upstairs bathroom sink [ 3 Answers ]

Every now and then my upstairs sink, bathtub and toilet will sputter when the water flows. Cold or hot, doesn't matter. It acts as if I had turned off the main and opened a valve and allowed air in the system, which of course I haven't. I've looked everywhere for leaks, but even if there was a...

Bath tub shower spout & head running water running at same time [ 1 Answers ]

I started with a slight dripping problem(sayko system).i decided to replace all 3 stem assemblies together as they all were about 18 years old.after reassembling the new stems(danko brand),turned on the water supply & checked faucets.hot & cold worked fine but when the shower was turned on,water...

Smell coming from cold water in sink and bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I have spent a lot of money on my plumbing problem and still don't have an answer. We added a 2bedroom 1 bath addition onto our house. About a month after we started using the addition we began to have a sewer smell coming from the cold water. We removed alloy rod from water heater just in...

Cold water in bathroom sink lacks pressure [ 3 Answers ]

No other outputs affected. Recently, had sprinkler system put in. They cut main line and patched it. At first, lots of muddy water was coming out of sink, toilet and shower. Then all water stopped. They found the debris in the pipe and cleaned it out. All worked well, but now my cold water...

Cold water no longer running to one sink. Also lots of air [ 3 Answers ]

I moved in about a month ago to a 1920's duplex. Most of the plumbing was re-done when the house was gutted in the '90s, and there was an addition added (with PEX plumbing, incidentally) in 2001. When we bought the house the addition had been winterized. I've de-winterized it and now have a few ...

View more questions Search