Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    giani513 Posts: 179, Reputation: 47

Oct 28, 2007, 12:02 AM
    Is there a camcorder that is just for video?
    I have a brand new digital camera, but I am now in need of a video camera. I just want to point and shoot, save film onto a memory card, and download it to the computer. I just don't feel the need to pay extra for a camcorder that also takes still pictures. Any suggestions?
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Nov 3, 2007, 10:29 AM
    Nowadays, you're probably not going to be able to find one of those that doesn't take still pictures. I would suggest just looking at the quality of the digital videorecorder, and not the still camera. If the still camera is only 3.0 Megapixels, then heck, who cares. You're not going to use it.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2007, 11:22 AM
    I've had two dig camcorders and none have saved to a memory card. Both were dvc media and used a firewire port to transfer video to the computer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Capturing video from digital sony camcorder [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I recelently received this sony handycam dcr-hc26 digital mini cassette camcorder. Well you can transfer your video to the computer through a USB cable, I have installed the software that was included and my USB streaming works with the video playing on the computer live with picture and...

Sony Camcorder [ 9 Answers ]

I have a sony DCR-PC110 Camcorder. I take movies on the tape in the camcorder. How do I transfer the movie clips from the camcorder tape to my PC ? Thanks Bheem Sahgal

Ripping DVD Video to VCD Video [ 1 Answers ]

How can I rip my DVD video to VCD Video files. Is there out any freeware to do this. Please let me know the link for that. Thanx:rolleyes:

Help! What camcorder should I get? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm an aspiring filmmaker, and after seeing the documentary "Tarnation", I decided it would be cool to record a bunch of entertaining everyday stuff that goes on in my life, both for practice shooting and editing. The only problem is I have no idea what camcorder to buy. :confused: I want one that...

View more questions Search