Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rachelh1018 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2005, 03:43 PM
    Washing Machine Woahs
    I have a Kenmore washing machine that is very faulty. We never had any problems with it until we moved into our new place. The washing machine fills up, and doesn't recognize when to stop filling up and start agitating. I have to sit and watch it, and when I think it has enough water for the load, I have to turn the knob back to small load for it to work. The water still dumps in the machine when it is turned off. I have to stay close to it because it will start filling again and won't stop until I turn the water pipe off. Once I turn the water pipe off and back on, it will be okay until it rinses again. It also likes to dump water while it is spinning. I hate having to manually work the washing machine. Has this ever happened to anyone?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2005, 04:16 PM
    The machine has a water level switch in it, a plastic tube comes up from between the inner and outer tubs to a sensitive switch in by the timer. Something has happened to the tubing or the switch. Check the tubing carefully. A small hole or being loose on the switch would cause just that problem. Likely any cheap tubing from the hardware store will work if the tubing is bad. Otherwise, it is the switch, or its connections to the timer.

I guess it could be the selinoid valve the hoses screw to also. Water shouldn't flow when they don't have power. You should be able to feel or hear them open and close as you turn the dial.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing Machine Box [ 10 Answers ]

Greetings. My basement has an overhead Sewer pipe going out to the front. Therefore, if I want a washing machine in the Basement, I have to pump the discharge up and out in some way. Right now, the discharge goes to the sump pump hole and then is pupmed out. I want to install a washing...

Washing machine backup [ 10 Answers ]

I purchased a new washing machine recently and have had the problem of it overflowing the drain pipe I have read about new washing machines having stronger pumps which may be my problem .here is what I have though I have a 2" pvc drain line going from my washing machine directly to my main drian...

Washing Machine Won't Spin [ 4 Answers ]

I have a washing machine that won’t spin on its own. I bought a front loader from Sears, says Kenmore but believe it is a Frigidaire, Model #417.41042000. When machine is in the agitate cycle, the motor will not run unless I physically help it. When it starts it only goes for about 8 seconds...

Washing machine line [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, We want to run a new washing machine drain line. We're considering running a new line tying into the main. For ease, was going to run in a trench line outside the house and tie in outside, rather than Going through the slab. Is this acceptable? Our old drain line has a hole in it, did...

Portable Washing Machine [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All! I just moved into an apartment in New York that has a laundry room in the basement. As I just had a baby, my wife wanted to have at least a small washing machine in the apartment. As there is no place to connect it and the landlord will not change anything, I was wondering if some kind...

View more questions Search