Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    famurn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2007, 06:19 PM
    Florida Real Estate Law
    How often, and what is the maximum amount that a landlord can charge a tenant for a rental increase?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2007, 06:39 PM
    Hello famurn:

He can raise the rent as much as he wants, and he can raise it every rental period. If you have a years lease, he can raise it at the end. If you have a month to month rental he can raise it every month.

This assumes that we are not talking about rent controlled housing. However, I don't believe Florida has ANY rent controlled housing.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 27, 2007, 06:42 PM
    How often depends on the lease. Unless the unit is subject to some sort of rent controls, its what the market will bear. You can find a link to Florida laws at the top of this forum.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 27, 2007, 07:38 PM
    Only in those areas where there may be local rent controls, is there limits,
    Normally rent increases are based on market values

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

S. Florida easement/Real Estate [ 1 Answers ]

The neighbor is tearing their house down and re-building. They are asking for an easement to put the elec. Lines in the ground (10-15 feet into our property). Our house is on the market to be sold. Should we say no?

Is rental income from real estate subject to sales tax in state of Florida [ 1 Answers ]

Is rental income from real estate subject to sales tax in state of Florida? I have a house that I rented out, I have been told the rental income is subject to sales tax. I had rental property in California, I never paid sales tax the rental income. Can someone please confirm this for me. Thanks

Real Estate Agents in Florida [ 1 Answers ]

I keep getting mixed reviews.. I know Real Estate might not be doing its best right now, but any comments, complaints, suggestions, on being a Real Estate agent in Florida (mainly South Florida). Thank You! :)

Real Estate Law [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a Love to help person, but I need help, please. A friend sleeps in my home at night to catch up on sleep so that she can look for a job and a place to live. She is homeless, she's been doing this for months and have not found a job nor a place to live. This is getting old and my husband is...

Is rental income from real estate subject to sales tax in state of Florida [ 1 Answers ]

Is rental income from real estate subject to sales tax in state of Florida? I have a house that I rented out, I have been told the rental income is subject to sales tax. I had rental property in California, I never paid sales tax the rental income. Can someone please confirm this for me....

View more questions Search