Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kfield Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2005, 10:54 AM
    Lawn mower problems
    My lawn mower won't start. The rope won't pull, well, it pulled once them nothing. There is gas and oil in the appropate places.Help I want to mulch leaves.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2005, 02:00 PM
    OK, what happened when it did this? Just to be sure, smell the oil to make sure no gas is in it, not saying you put it in the wrong place, but not knowing what brand and hp rating, it could've flooded with gas. Possibly hydro locking it on the compression stroke. Is it a ohv ( over head valve)? Anyway, take the plug out, make sure nothing is keeping the piston from moving. Otherwise, take the shroud off, and make sure the flywheel brake is working right, not grabbing the flywheel when you pull on the dead man switch on the handle. Then see if the flywheel can turn over by hand, with the switch if it works held onto. If that's all fine, check the recoil starter, the rope could've jumped the pulley and jammed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman lawn mower [ 1 Answers ]

My father has purchased an old lawn mower for restoration. The model # is 1318430. He thinks it is a Craftsman. Anyone know where to find a picture or details.

Lawn mower help [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 18.5 poulan pro 42" 2 years old. It will start but no matter what I do it kills, like hitting the kill switch. If I let out the clutch, even in neutral it kills. Engage blades or anything it kills. And the weirdest thing is that the kill switch in the seat doesn't kill it. I really...

Looking for new lawn mower deck [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1993 Sears Craftman riding lawn mower 43" "Steering Machine". I need a new mower deck. Sears does not support after the mower is 10 years old. AYP made the original deck but they don't offer. Seems part of the issue is 43". The tractor is in great shape just need a new deck. Any...

Riding lawn mower [ 6 Answers ]

I have 1/2 acre of lawn and wish to replace an old Craftsman mower. Sears advertises a 17-HP Kohler Pro engine, 42 inch lawn tractor for $1200.00. Is this a good value, and do you recommend Craftsman lawn tractors? Thanks!

View more questions Search