Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bengt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2007, 10:33 AM
    Sewer Backup?
    Lots if fecal smelling soapy water came out in the garage when I ran the washing machine. This is after 3 days of rain on a municipal sewer system. Should I call the township, call a plumber, or blow up the house?:confused:
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 27, 2007, 11:19 AM
    Snake the washer vent line from the roof vent. Put out enough cable to reach the base and 15/20 feet more.l If that don't get it, Then blow the house up!! Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewer Backup Insurance [ 11 Answers ]

I asked this in the plumbing section as it has to do with sewer backup, but this is likely a good place to post it as well... I purchased my house about 2 years ago and did not purchase sewer backup insurance, as my insurance agent said I did not need it since my house is on a slab. Now that I...

Sewer backup cleanup [ 6 Answers ]

My sewer backed up and I had fecus and toilet paper in the basement. Called the plumber who came over and allegedly used a roto machine but I didn't hear a thing when he allegedly used it. When he left, he hadn't done anything toward cleaning the basement of the fecus/toilet paper. I cleaned it up...

Sewer gas - did I hook up to main sewer line correctly? [ 3 Answers ]

Moved a mobile home in and ran the sewer line to the main line - on some days I smell sewer gas, and I think it's coming from the vents on the house! - I want to know if I should o had put a "P" trap or something in line before hooking up to main sewer line? I have seen other places saying to...

Sewer backup in basement [ 2 Answers ]

I have a problem with sewer backup in the basement when there is a heavy downpour. A waterproofing company installed pvc pipes in the basement and a pump but that only takes care of ground water if any, that comes in the basement. I paid $4500 for that job which I see now was a waste. The main...

Sewer backup in Kitchen Sink [ 4 Answers ]

Yesterday I heard a rumbling in the kitchen and some clear sewage backed up in the sink with a horrible smell. This happened twice and went away. After some usage the sink clogged up. The plunger worked and cleared it. But then it clogged up again immediately. I tried plunging again and a lot of...

View more questions Search