Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spygenius Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2005, 06:12 AM
    Small kitten
    I've bought a kitten, who seems a little smaller than his brothers - does this matter?
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Nov 7, 2005, 08:08 AM
    Basically the answer is "No, it doesn't matter"

I have a new kitten, she is 5 months old now. She may not have been the runt, there were 4 kittens when I first saw them and they all looked about the same size. Although I was told that they (the other kittens) push her out of the way when it's feeding time.

The important thing is to make sure that the kitten is fed kitten food. Adult cat food lacks the necessary minerals, vitamins necessary for growth.

I feed all my cats (5 ranging from about 13 yrs, 1 at 3 yrs, 2 at 18 months and the new one) Hills Science Plan for adults. This is a dry cat food pellets. At the weekend, all the cats get wet food (tins or packets) the young one (Snowball what else do you call a cat that is black all over) gets kitten food. She has a healthy appetite and generally pushes the others out of the way if she wants more. She is growing up really well, and shows no signs of being pushed around for the first 8/10 weeks of her life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does age really matter? [ 10 Answers ]

I am kind of in a little shuffle here. My boyfreind is 4 years older than I am and he gets made fun of by his friends. My boyfriend isn't one of those people who care about what other people think but when they make fun of him about it, he thinks he is doing something wrong. He doesn't want to...

Runt puppy very small [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 4 week old litter of labrador puppies. Most of them weigh about five pounds. Our smallest only weighs 2 1/2 pounds. He only nurses for a few minutes and then falls asleep. He will not take a bottle or drink from a bowl. The other pups are eating moistened food now. The vet is keeping a...

Runt not Eating? [ 2 Answers ]

My cat just had kittens (January 13th); five beauties. Most of the kittens are doing well, but one kitty (Cloud) is just smaller than the rest. S/he doesn't seem to eat as much, is much more smaller than the rest in terms of weight, and is much more active (I think Cloud will also be the first to...

Runt, sick (wild) kitten question [ 1 Answers ]

I have brought home a wild kitten about 5 weeks of age that has an eye infection and an abscess. The kitten is on antibotics starting today, but was only removed from the mother as of last night (it is eating gruel well at 3 hour intervals) but has not pooped. I have foster kittens, mainly for...

Worldtracker.biz, Cannot Get Rid Of This In Xp Not Matter [ 4 Answers ]

I Am At My Wits End On This Issue. I Don't Know Where This Spyware Is Coming From. I Go On Ebay, Comcast, And Realstate Sits. I Have Directions From Microsoft On How To Get Rid Of This And In Another Day Or A Few Hours, It Is Back Redirecting Everything. I Start In Safe Mode And Delete Entries In...

View more questions Search