Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Golden Heart Girl Posts: 10, Reputation: 2
    -

Oct 27, 2007, 09:20 AM
    Math problems
    I study hard in math class and I always try my best but when it comes to test days I always get a C. Is there a way I ca stop this?
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Oct 27, 2007, 09:32 AM
    Do you study at home and everyday instead of the day before the test?

If you do and you get a C, then be proud. Pretend there were no such things as grades, and you simply got points for working hard and trying. How would you do on that scale then? Many teachers that I have had, will bump up your grade a bit or give EC if I tried hard. For a while I use to get D's and F's and C's in all of my classes. I never saw a B till I was in 7th grade or maybe it was 8th. Then I went to a new school and I started to get all B's and then the next year I got all A's. Im not sure if it was the school change or not, I believe it was and I'm not going to go into details, but just keep trying hard and your miracle will happen. And some people are not meant to do good in a class. Not saying that you shouldn't try, but basically that, you may be super good in like English or something. Im not sure what gade your in but grades don't really count until high school, so just keep trying to methods and don't worry about your grades too much. Try to learn where you can study best, how to ask questions, etc..
    nycfunction Posts: 29, Reputation: 4

Nov 13, 2007, 04:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Heart Girl
    I study hard in math class and I always try my best but when it comes to test days I always get a C. Is there a way I ca stop this??
    It could be your study skills. Tell me more about your study skills? Do you take good notes during class time? Do you study one section and not go to the next section without being totally ready? Do you ask questions during class time? How MUCH TIME do you put into your study time? Get back to me.
    pavray Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2007, 07:51 AM
    Many people don't do well on tests even though they have studied the material and feel confident in both their knowledge and understanding. A couple of test taking strategies may help. The first is to look over the test before you do any problems and then do all o the easy ones. Don't assume that the easiest problems are the ones at the beginning of the test and NEVER do the hardest ones first. You will take too long, not be comfortable eith the answers and then rush through the easy ones. Yes, silly mistakes.

The second thing to do is analyze the problems you got wrong on the last test and the kinds of errors you made. Were they errors due to a lack of understanding, were they computational/calculator errors, or were they error that came from rushing?

This will give you a start, it will give you a better command of the test and will allow you to do the problems that show your abilities. Good luck.

Dr. P.
    T-A-T11 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2007, 08:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Heart Girl
    I study hard in math class and I always try my best but when it comes to test days I always get a C. Is there a way I ca stop this??
    The night before study evrything that's going to be on the test and have your mom or dad or hoever write down questions that r about what's on the test and don't use your book
    adanks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2007, 08:33 PM
    Magic Stars: Arrange the digits 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 27, 29, 30, 31, 33 in the circles so that the sum of the numbers in each straight line is 94.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need Praxis II sample math problems [ 2 Answers ]

I am taking the Praxis II math exam. I didn't think the ETS study guide gives enough sample problems. I think the commercial publisher study guides are written from the point of view of academics, not truly with the Praxis in mind. For example, the commercial study guides do not emphasize the...

Math-mixture problems [ 2 Answers ]

A jeweler has 4 rings, each eighing 19 g, made of an alloy of 15% silver and 85% gold. He decides to melt down the rings and add enough silver to reduce the gold content to 78%. How much silver should he add? _________ g silver

Math problems [ 2 Answers ]

Do all of these problems in good detail please! Dan has $160 to spend on t-shirts and shorts for his new wardrobe. T-shirts cost $8 a shirt and shorts cost $16 a piar. Write a inequality and solve. next.. Find the value of r so that the line that passes through (-4, 3) and (2, r) has a...

Math word problems [ 3 Answers ]

A fire truck parks 16 ft away from a buliding. The fire truck extends its ladder 30 ft. How far up the building from the truck's roof does the extension ladder reach?? :P :-/

View more questions Search