Ask
    april9th Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2007, 05:45 AM
    Nolan ryan signed baseball
    How much would a Nolan Ryan signed baseball be worth
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2007, 05:50 AM
    However much a collector is willing to pay for it.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2007, 09:19 PM
    Like other collectibles, there are standards in the industry which can help us to determine the value of such things.

True, that it does ultimately depend on what a collector will pay for such a thing.

Here is a link to a site that does authentification and grading of autographed baseballs.

PSA/DNA Autographed Baseball Grading Guide

I thought that you might find the following information below to be helpful. It is from WikiAnswers - How do you find the value of an autographed baseball

How do you find the value of an autographed baseball?

Value of an Autographed Baseball
    That answer is really up to market conditions as well as what one individual will pay for a certain item. First things first, buy SCD (Sports Collectors Digest) as well as other Hobby Publications. Familiarize yourself with the price guides listed for the particular player. Furthermore, if you have vintage material i.e. ball or picture signed in the 40's 50's etc... that will determine a premium for it... as well as condition. Remember, find out the provenance of the autograph... if the seller doesn't know it or is very evasive BUYER BEWARE. The hobby was built with the trust of seller buyer relationships.

Answer
    It depends on who the autograph is from.

Price Guide but first...
    There are many factors to conceder before putting a value on an autographed baseball by simply looking up the value in a price guide.

Factor one. How was the signature(s) acquired? If you witnessed the signing then you know for sure that it is an authentic hand signed signature. If you found the Item in a box, or at a garage sale for example then there is a chance that it is not authentic, and can also be a facsimile signature.

Before you spend money on having the signatures authenticated be sure that they are not facsimile signatures. A lot of people mistaken facsimile signatures as authentic. Facsimile signatures are printed on, as opposed to authentic hand signed signatures. If the signatures are signed with a felt pen for example, the ink will tend to be heavier at points where the pen started, stopped or slowed while signing. Lighter, thinner, or less dense when the pen is quickened or coming off the item. With facsimile signatures the ink will trend to be more uniform, or the same density throughout.

Factor two. Authenticity. An autographed baseball that is not authenticated by a creditable company could sell at half the price or less than one that is. Two of the top, and most trusted authenticators are PSA/DNA, and James Spence Authentic (JSA). Collectors will pay more for signatures authenticated by either one. It may sound odd but in some cases PSA/DNA, and JSA authenticated signatures may sell higher than a Letter of authenticity from an unknown or less trusted authenticator that witnessed the signing even though PSA/DNA, and JSA did not. It's just a matter of collectors trust, and collectors will pay more for it.

Factor three Condition. As with all collectibles this could be the most important factor of all providing that the signatures are authentic. The condition of the Item signed, as well as the signatures. The signature should be strong, and bold, as opposed to faded and hard to see. In the case of a baseball Blue ball point pen would be most preferred over sharpie which tends to fade more quick or bleed on a baseball. An educated collector will pay less for a sharpie signed baseball, if at all. Sharpie would be most preferred on a bat, or Photo.

Factor Four The type of baseball that the signatures are signed on, as well as where the signatures were signed could also determine the price. An official baseball that was used during the players career will sell at a higher price. This can be determined by the stamp of the league president on the baseball. The manager or, and team star would be most desirable on the sweet spot. Collectors will also pay a premium for inscriptions such as "500 Home runs," and pay less for personal inscriptions like "Good Luck Mary"

Price guides are based on average prices of recently sold, and closed auctions. Prices may vary based on condition, and the type of authenticity that accompanies the baseball. Prices may also vary on team signed baseballs based on the amount of signatures, and key signatures acquired. The more complete the baseball with key signatures the more valuable.

You may find prices on single signed baseballs, as well as team signed baseballs on my website. The team signed baseball price guide includes a list of key players as well as links to full team rosters year by year. I will provide a link on this page for your convenience. -Steven KeyMan

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nolan Ryan Baseball Card [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Classic Best Jacksonville Suns Nolan Ryan Baseball Card in Mint Condition, BC1 AA. Can you tell me what it is worth?

Nolan ryan Baseball Card [ 7 Answers ]

>:( :( :o I have a nolan ryan rookie card. My friend wants to buy it from me for $600.00 but I have been told that it is worth $1250.00. Please help me out on this problem. :P :D

Nolan Ryan Baseball Cards [ 1 Answers ]

I have 4 Nolan Ryan baseball cards and I want to sell them. I do not want to get jipped. I have heard that they sell for more than $500.00.

Nolan Ryan Baseball card [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Nolan Ryan baseball card. Just below his name it states Mets 1969. It also has the CocaCola Logo on the upper right hand side. The top of the card state Donbuss 1992. It is in Mint Condition How much is it worth? Gloria

Nolan Ryan Baseball Cards [ 1 Answers ]

:) :confused: I have a plaque of 5 Nolan Ryan Baseball Cards, made by pacific trading cards, inc. 1991. Here are the details: 1. Texas Rangers, "Pick Off at Third", originally autographed. Card no. 216. 2. California Angels, "California Victory". Card no. 126. 3. Houston Astros,...

View more questions Search