Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    erebusunited Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2007, 08:41 PM
    Spiders in tree
    OK this may sound weird but... I was under this old oak that has asplit in the base and resembles a woman I light a candle made an offering of flowers and rice and prayed there looking for answers and out comes the biggest spider I have ever seen and it frightend me but to my surprise it just slightly came out from its trunk/cave and behind it came a baby spider that came inmy direction as it retreated back into its home. I was not bit at all but I felt for sure there was something in the symbolism of the spiders in the old oak-does anyone know what symbolism spiders have folklore or mythology?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 26, 2007, 08:53 PM
    The obvious thing is that spiders spin webs and all that that implies. Here's the Wikipedia article about spiders. Scroll down to the folklore section.

Cultural depictions of spiders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting rid of spiders [ 13 Answers ]

Any one know a good way to get rid of spiders.We mostly have little redish brown spiders in the house and outside we get some pretty big red spiders That make big webs.We have a lot of daddy long legs,thou they do not really Bother us that much.They pretty much stay out of the way but the big red...

We eat spiders, [ 4 Answers ]

On average a person eats 4 ( a year)spiders in their sleep. Isn't that lovely ?:) Daddy long legs going to come for you =X Correct me if I'm wrong.. . Pleasssee

Aaahhh spiders! [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, does anyone else have these creepy looking Cellar spiders in their home? It seems like we have them everywhere! :eek: http://entweb.clemson.edu/cuentres/eiis/pdfs/hs41.pdf

I have ivy growing up a tree. Will this injure the tree? [ 1 Answers ]

I have ivy growing up a tree. Will this injure the tree?

View more questions Search