Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    longisqtee Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2005, 06:20 PM
    Low pressure in my upstairs bathroom shower
    I need some help. My bathroom on the 2nd floor has very little hot water pressure in the sink and shower... I cleaned out the screens and had my hot water heater flushed... any ideas?
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Nov 6, 2005, 06:57 PM
    All your valves open?

Nov 7, 2005, 02:42 AM
    I believe they are but I will give a double check... checked valves all are open, any other suggestions?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 7, 2005, 06:31 AM
    No Pressure
    How old is your house and what material are your water pipes made of? Did the loss of pressure happen all of a sudden or dit it come on gradually? It sounds like some crud got into your valves and you will have to open them up and check the seats and inlet ports on the cartridges an d then flush out the supply lines. Regards, Tom

Nov 7, 2005, 06:36 AM
    The bathroom is about 11 years old... it has been happening on and off for a while now.
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Nov 7, 2005, 06:45 AM
    Do you have a dishwasher &/or washing machine operating when the pressure is lost? It happens to me when the washing machine is filling. I'm in the process of remodeling the master bath & am going to increase the mains to 3/4" to gain more volume.

Nov 7, 2005, 07:57 AM
    No, I have nothing else on, when this happens! I have a plumber here now, working on the mess I made with taking off the handle in the tub
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 7, 2005, 11:49 AM
    In a earlier post I said, "some crud got into your valves and you will have to open them up and check the seats and inlet ports on the cartridges and then flush out the supply lines."
    And I'll bet that's exactly what your plumbers going to find.
    Cheers, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leak in bathroom ceiling from upstairs shower [ 3 Answers ]

We have a slight leaking problem in the downstairs bathroom ceiling last year and the homeshield contractor came to check it. We were told it was not a plumbing problem and the water coming from the shower upstairs. We did the caulking as suggested and the problem seemed to go away. Recently we...

Upstairs bathroom sink slow drain [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, again I am at my end with this sink... but still can't afford a plumber! It is the only drain in the house that has this problem. I just tried using my hose and a small nozzel to put high pressure water through the drain in an attempt to unclog it... well here is the funny thing......

Loss of pressure in bathroom shower [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All Need help. The electric shower in my bathroom has recently had a severe drop in water pressure, so much so that it is no more than a trickle of water now. I have checked the plumbing and there doesn't appear to be any breaks, leaks or blockages. Every other tap in the house has normal...

No water to upstairs shower [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I hope someone can help! Yesterday I had only hot water running in my upstairs shower and assumed it was a valve problem.. . But this morning I have no water, not even a drip, and when I run the water in the sink in the next room it comes up the drain of the shower and does not drain back...

Earwig Problem in Upstairs Bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am inquiring about wasp and earwig problem in my upstairs bathroom. I saw about 4 wasps within 2 days in my master bathroom over a week ago. Thereafter I visually saw one earwig drop out of that vent and then saw about 4 or 5 earwigs in that bathroom the next day and almost at least one...

View more questions Search