Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ddbob Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2007, 03:31 PM
    Children of opposite sex sharing a room
    I have a 12 year old daughter and a son who will be 10 in a couple of months.At present I am in a very small two bedroom flat which means my children have to share a room. I am on the waiting list for a 3 bedroom property by my local authority who has told me there is no legal age saying they can't share my daughter is fully developed in all ways and can easily be mistaken for a 16 year old if not older. My daughter also has very bad PMT and due to this it causes problems for them sharing so my son sometimes wants to share a bed with me which I'm totally against so I have to sleep on the floor when this happens. Where do I stand with the law to encourage my local authority to help me get a lager accommodation more quick as they keep saying I having got enough points to be rehoused and I can't afford to rent a bigger place privately as its very expensive and un afordable on my income.

Can anyone give me some advice as I'm a very stress parent
    Thank you
    Kindly
    Dd:mad:
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2007, 04:44 PM
    My opinion: At their age they should not share. You should share a room with your daughter, if you are mom. With your son if you are dad.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Dec 31, 2008, 09:39 AM

I completely agree with RickJ. At that age there is no need for that. I realize that accommadations are limited and that you don't have much choice as far as that matter is concerned but your developing son and daughter in no way, needs to be acompanying each other during these times!
    jfredifer Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2008, 06:18 PM

Maybe you could sleep in the livingroom and let each child have a room. That is what I had to do. It worked out OK because they could go to bed and I had my space in the LR. Of course all my clothes were in the bedroom
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 25, 2009, 07:25 PM

Closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Chilren of opposite sex sharing a room [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a law in Washington about children of the opposite sex sharing a room past certain ages?

Room sharing or kids [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know the legal age when children are expected NOT to share a room? Or what the councils law is on room entitlement?

Twin of opposite sex sharing bedroom [ 4 Answers ]

My twin grandkids are almost 13 and they live with the father and a step mother. They recently all moved in with her parents and the twin have to share a bed room. I don't like it and is it legal

Boys and girls sharing a room [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a law about boys and girls sharing a room it they are not related in New Hampshire if there is dose any budy know what the age is that they can not be in the same room?

Different sex bro and sis sleeping in same room in Ohio [ 2 Answers ]

I have kids that are 5 and 6 and I was wondering if it were illegal in the state of Ohio that they share a room... I am about to get an apartment and I need to know.

View more questions Search