Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lozzajayne Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2007, 11:20 AM
    Finally diagnosed but confused about treatment
    Well yesterday I went to collect my ultrasound scan results from the doctors and was told that I have lots of little cysts on my left ovary ( (pcos) polyistic ovary syndrome ) these been the result of me and my partner trying for a baby for 13 months and getting no were glad I finally know what's wrong.The doctor also said I had endometris how unlucky am I one thing the doctor did not explain was how they were going to treat me he just said he was transferring me to a gynecologist as he wanted an expert opinion as well... a thought doctors were experts anyway how do they treat pcos and endometris.is it tablets or surgery and what exactly is endometris all I got told was the lining of my womb was wrong... starting to think the doctor want quite sure what it is either.How long is treatment for both of these and what is the treatment my partner and I want a child so badly thanks for all you help much love x
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2007, 11:30 AM
    They most likely will treat you with metformin and clomid
    lozzajayne Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2007, 11:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by danielnoahsmommy
    they most likely will treat you with metformin and clomid

Tablets then what do they do and how long is the treatment roughly?
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2007, 08:30 AM
    Helps you metabolize sugars and therefore hormones work more efficiently (doc can explain better). Clomid helps with ovulation (I'm not on that but doc said if we want another child he would prescribe that for me)
    sweetie2008 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2008, 05:22 AM
    Hi i was told a hysterectomy was the only cure for endometris,i have never heard of it being treated with tablets.My friend had to have a hysterectomy and so will i even though i want a child.
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2008, 06:26 AM
    Don't rush in for a hysterectomy. The "tablets" were for pcos. If a hysterectomy is immediately recommended get a second opinion
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Jan 17, 2008, 08:52 AM
    Many people with endometriosis go on to have heathly babies. I have endometriosis and I am almost 34 weeks pregnant and this has been a pretty easy pregnancy. Don't let them tell you that you have to have a hysterectomy. It is true that endometriosis cannot be cured (at least that is what I was told by my doctor). There are many ways for the doctors to help you though. You might have a surgery to remove the scarring that has been caused by the endometriosis or you might not. Don't stress about it until you talk to your doctor more. Many women live with endometriosis.
    Look at this website for more information.
    Endometriosis
    sweetie2008 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2008, 10:34 AM
    Thank you for your replies,it seems that other than the hysterectomy they offer hormone treatment and pain relief.Thanks again
    nicckidoodle Posts: 146, Reputation: 4

Jan 17, 2008, 02:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lozzajayne
    well yesterday i went to collect my ultrasound scan results from the doctors and was told that i have lots of little cysts on my left ovary ( (pcos) polyistic ovary syndrome ) these been the result of me and my partner trying for a baby for 13 months and getting no were glad i finally know whats wrong.The doctor also said i had endometris how unlucky am i one thing the doctor did not explain was how they were going to treat me he just said he was transferring me to a gynecologist as he wanted an expert opinion aswell..........a thought doctors were experts anyways how do they treat pcos and endometris.is it tablets or surgery and what exactly is endometris all i got told was the lining of my womb was wrong....starting to think the doctor want quite sure what it is either.How long is treatment for both of these and what is the treatment my partner and i want a child so badly thanks for all ya help much love x
    Hello I'm 19 years old and I too was just recently diagnoised with pcos and I have got a bunch of information from the ladys on this site. If you have a minute take a look at this site called insulite pcos system , I have been asking around about it and I am also going to ask my doctor, PLEASE PLEASE look at all the options and research for yourself,I got very depressed when I thought I had no options, there are many things you can do naturallly to help with symptoms of pcos, as far as endometris I really don't know nything about it but if I hear anything I will send you it!
    Ill keep in touch and try to send you what I find out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Diagnosed with hyperthyroid [ 3 Answers ]

I was diagnosed with hyperthyroid about 6 months ago, and had the iodine radiation treatment in February. For the last couple of months I feel like a different person and my doctor told me that my thyroid is "hypo" now and has given me the Synthroid tabs once a day. Its been 2 months, and still...

My brother has just been diagnosed with ADHD [ 3 Answers ]

My father died easter Monday 2006. My brother is 7 and I am 32. I have dealt with my lose because my father and I have had a very disruptive relationship (he left my mum when I was 1). My brother has had my dad with him since he was born. My stepmum has had my brother at the shrink for a couple of...

Newly Diagnosed with PCOS [ 7 Answers ]

I was recently diagnosed with PCOS and have a Dr. appointment tomorrow. They are going to do an ultrasound and are going to start me on a medication to jump start my periods again. I am trying desperately to lose weight as I hear that that helps and now I am at an even greater risk of heart...

RSD-- my 12 yr old sister was just diagnosed [ 3 Answers ]

My little sister was diagnosed with RSD a few weeks ago. She had been in severe pain for over a month and could not walk because the pain was so bad. It started with just a spot in her leg and within a week or two it spread from her foot to the top of her hip. She went to doctor after doctor and...

Son diagnosed deaf at 17 months [ 4 Answers ]

My little son of 17 months was diagnosed deaf where from here? We do not have a medical aid how do I start a fund for him? :confused:

View more questions Search