Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cbanks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2005, 06:11 AM
    Hotwater heater
    Hot water heater want ignite. What could be the problem? Pilot light is on but no ignition.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 6, 2005, 06:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cbanks
    hot water heater want ignite. what could be the problem? pilot light is on but no ignition.
    Could be the gas control. Have you tried to turn it up to a higher degree of temp? If you have tried that it is probably the control which is at fault. Some controls have a built in ECO. Energy cut off. Once that is triggered the control will no longer work.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2005, 10:24 AM
    Try turning the control knob to pilot and then back to on. How old is the tank? Many of them fail after 10 years. You might be better off buying a whole new heater rather than putting money into a new control. With gas prices going up, take a good look at the more efficient models.
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Aug 6, 2011, 05:35 PM
    Water heater!! Not hot water heater!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help deciding between a tank or tankless water heater [ 19 Answers ]

Which one saves me money; the tankless water heater or conventional tank water heater? :confused:

Hotwater heater HELP! Fast please [ 2 Answers ]

We have well water, today we lost all the pressure and we got no water. We would just turn the handle on in the kitchen or bathroom and nothing would happen. Well he wife had her dad come over to fix it, I don't know what he did but after he left we had water. Now, later on in the night I get ready...

Hotwater heater [ 2 Answers ]

Water comes out of my over flow copper tube. What do I need to do to fix it?

Low hotwater pressure, plumber wants $$ to fix, I think I can do it myself [ 35 Answers ]

I'm fairly handy but the whole gas/hot water thing intimidates me. I have a 10-12 year old Rheeem Ruud hotwater tank and my hot water be it hot - has horrible pressure from every faucet. The plumber wants at least $100 dollars to come fix it and said they know exactly what it is - and made...

Low hotwater pressure [ 18 Answers ]

Hi, the upstairs shower is only trickling when turn to hot. It's a one knob with hot/cold. The two sinks in the same bathroom are working just fine with hot. One thing, this shower is hardly ever use by the family. What could be the problem? Thanks

View more questions Search