Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tymann Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2007, 06:24 PM
    Wireless internet
    My computer just says acquiring network address when I try to connect to my router but it never connects. What should I do? It has connected before.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2007, 02:08 PM
    From the cmd prompt, try "ipconfig /renew"
    Tymann Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2007, 02:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymann
    My computer just says acquiring network address when I try to connect to my router but it never connects. What should I do? It has connected before.
    I've tried that.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2007, 05:03 PM
    If it's a laptop and has a wireless enable push button make sure it's not turned off. That happens to me periodically.

Reset the router by power cycling as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wireless internet keeps cutting out [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have two laptops both connected by wireless. One of them works fine all of the time. The other one keeps cutting out when I'm trying to use the internet. If I get an internet explorer error page closing down and reopening it fixes it, or sometimes just waiting a while will fix it. This...

Wireless internet [ 9 Answers ]

I have a laptop and want to hook it up to wireless internet but I have never done that before and unsure as to how to do it. What do I need and what type of provider do I look for. I want it so that when I travel I can use it for my schooling Thank you, Sherry

Wireless Connection OK, Internet Not - Why? [ 5 Answers ]

My laptop is connecting to my linksys router at home and at work, but cannot access the internet. I'm sure it's a simple setting that's incorrect. I don't remember making any changes, though. Help!

Wireless internet access [ 5 Answers ]

I have 2 pc's 2 dongles and one router. I am unable to use the internet on both pc's at the same time. What do I need to do to get access to the internet from both pc's at the same time

Wireless Internet [ 4 Answers ]

I work from home and use a laptop. I would like to be more mobile. Wireless internet has been suggested to me, but I cannot figure out where I would begin to find a provider. Would someone like AOL offer the service? I was told Verizon, but I have looked all over their site and cannot find...

View more questions Search