W1 jumpered with yel B
    Y =yel O=orange

I want to change to Honeywell Y594G 1252
    It has:
    W3 O Y
    E
    W2 L
    G R X
    How would this new one need to be wired?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2005, 04:48 PM
    Neither follows the conventional terminal markings. You will have to refer to the directions for the Y594G 1252 to determine where to connect power from the thermostat, and which terminals it switches the power to for heat, cooling, and fan. If the furnace has the same markings as the old thermostat, you may need the directions for one of them to identify the functions. Some of the terminals may be for an outside temperature sensor, different firing rates, or mode controls for a heat pump.

Usually there is a 24 volt AC transformer in the furnace with the secondary winding connected to a red wire running to the thermostat and a blue wire, common, to the gas valve, A/C relay, and fan relay. From the thermostat there will be white wire to the gas valve, yellow to the A/C, and green to the fan. The thermostat is wired to switch the power from the red to the white, yellow, and green as needed with the blue completing the circuit. Most thermostats and furnaces have the contacts labeled R, B or C, W, Y, and G for the corresponding wire colors. It may be wired to have the A/C control wires return to the furnace and its controls and then a second wire goes to the A/C unit. Internal wiring may replace the green wire if the thermostat does not give you the option of fan only or continuous fan. Digital or programmable thermostats may need the blue wire connected to them.

Nobody here gives HVAC answers like Tom does plumbing. Often I can be more helpful.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2005, 05:41 PM
    It is a Goodman model A32-15. I looked inside air handler and it is:

R to trans (red wire)
    G to blower time delay (green wire)
    O
    W1/W2 to M3(brown wire)
    W2 to M5 (yel wire)
    E
    C to blower time delay (blue wire)
    OTC
    OT1
    OT2
    OT3
    Thermostat wire is R=red-G=grn-O=orange-W2=white-E=brown-C=blue-OT3=yel. Also W1/W2is jumpered with a brown wire to OT1 and W2 is jumpered with a yellow wire to OT1. THere is a spade type connector to W1/W2- W2 & E Does any of this make any sense?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2005, 06:25 PM
    I am afraid not to me. You are just going to have to use any instructions you have, the manufacturer's websites, and perhaps tech hot lines to identify what the cryptic terminal markings mean and which terminal does what. There are a couple of other guys that jump in with answers here, but I haven't seen ones as specific as you want. Many times I can't do much more than help people figure out their problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need a new Thermostat? [ 1 Answers ]

:( Here’s my problem: I have a basic thermostat. It's the one that has the needle on the right side. I set it to 78 deg. And my AC unit will not turn off until it reaches 74 deg.'s:confused: Then when the temperature gets to 76 deg.'s my AC starts back up again! :eek: (hence with out the...

New thermostat -- no a/c [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, We just replaced our thermostat. Seemed simple enough -- 4 wires, red, white, yellow, green. There is 24 V between red and all the others at the thermostat. When we set the temp to cool, you can hear the switch in the thermostat click, but no air comes out. It seems like the thermostat...

Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I have two Maple Chasee (Robershaw now)thermostats in my house controlling two separate rooms. Recently one thermostat stopped turning heater on, but still working on cooling. My other thermostat worked fine both on cooling and heating. I bought a new Robershaw 9600 and replaced the old Maple...

Help with thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I just turned on the heat for the first time and I noticed that the lights for emergency heat and the Aux heat are on constantly... Its not really cold outside, like the low 60's. Is there something I can do, cause if all that is running, its going to overload my electric bill? Please help ...

View more questions Search