Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poupielou Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2007, 12:27 PM
    Vaginal bump?
    I have had sex with another partner recently and one week after I noticed a different discharge and a small flesh coloured bump around my vaginal opening. However, I treated it as an yeast infection and the discharge went away. My period followed and when it was over the bump was still there. So I went to see a doctor who inspected the suitation and said that nothing was wrong, however, I am not too sure if I am comfortable with that response because I still have the bump. The bump is not painful or uncomfortable and its not like any of the std's I read about like warts and herpes, its not a sore. I am afraid to have sex with my boyfriend because I don't want to give him if I have something. My question is, what do you think this is and how to deal with it?. should I seek another doctor's advice?
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Oct 25, 2007, 12:39 PM
    I would get a second opinion. Even if they say the same thing as the first doctor, at least you will have peace of mind. If money is a concern, you could go to Planned Parenthood or a local clinic for the uninsured. Ask them for STD testing and to evaluate the bump. Perhaps they can take a swab or biopsy (or whatever they would call it for that) and test the cells in the bump itself. If you are still worried, get a 2nd opinion. Always use protection! If it really bothers you or is uncomfortable, maybe they can remove it. Hope this helps!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Large Painful Bump Near Vaginal Area [ 13 Answers ]

About 2-3 weeks ago, I got this small bump just to the left of my vaginal whole, not on the lips. At first, I didn't think anything of it, but then, it got bigger and painful. I was picking at it today, and I didn't see any puss. I peeled a scab like thing off the top of it. I then squeezed it and...

Painful Vaginal Bump [ 2 Answers ]

I'm seventeen years old and just recently I noticed a bump on the inner lip of my vagina. It feels sort of hard, and very painful, to the point where its uncomfortable to walk. There's a little white spot on the very top, so I thought maybe it was an ingrown hair, but its INSIDE, so... I don't...

Weird soft bump by vaginal area [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so... I have this really weird bump that had to of just recently appeared. It is on my back inner thigh by my vaginal area.. its the same color as the rest of my skin.. and SOFT! What could it be?

Vaginal Bump [ 1 Answers ]

I have a small cluster of bumps on my vaginal. They're tender, but there isn't any discharge from it and around the time I discovered it, me an my boyfriend had sex. I started a little dry at first. It was unprotected. So could that be from me being dry as he went in and then his, I guess,...

Red bump on vaginal area [ 1 Answers ]

I was diagnosed with HPV 5 years ago, had one outbreak, one treatment of freezing, and nothing ever since. All of the pics I have looked at of HPV and herpes look nothing like what I have. It's a hard red bump, didn't itch that bad the first week, but does a little now. My husband only had one...

View more questions Search