Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rdhead420 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2005, 06:56 AM
    Any effective weight loss pills?
    Has anyone tried a weight loss pill that doesn't make you 1) sick 2)jittery/unable to sleep and makes you feel full? I'm not expecting a miracle but are there actually honest positive testimonials out there?
    drali77 Posts: 127, Reputation: 5

Nov 5, 2005, 01:24 PM
    Hi,
    My opinion don't use the pills
    Get registered with the weight watchers or

Control your diet to 2000-2500 cal/day
    Light exercise
    Lots of water

Hope that will help
    Irulan Posts: 92, Reputation: 17

Nov 5, 2005, 09:54 PM
    Absolutely...

It is a red pill called... SELF CONTROL.
    ab-solute Posts: 44, Reputation: 2

Nov 20, 2005, 07:27 PM
    Zetacap makes you feel really full
    kg30 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Nov 23, 2005, 08:44 AM
    DON'T USE THEM!! BAD NEWS! I had severe liver enzime imbalance, and I was sick for months. I was lucky I was able to bounce back with no permanent liver damage. Sorry ladies, work out the old fashion way and eat heathly--stop being lazy thinking you'll loose weight (and keep it off) by popping a pill. Join a gym or buy some excerise tapes. Walk the dog, walk yourself - where there is a will there is a way!
    dimples Posts: 256, Reputation: 9

Nov 23, 2005, 09:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart001
    Phentermine diet pills is the most commonly prescribed prescription for appetite suppressant and Phentermine is cheaper than the other major FDA-approved diet pills like Meridia and Xenical.
    Form more information Plz visit http://www.phenterminehome.com
    But I thought phen diets were banned already?
    ab-solute Posts: 44, Reputation: 2

Nov 25, 2005, 11:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dimples
    But I thought phen diets were banned already?
    Yes, I think phen pills were already banned. I think diet and exercise are the safest. I do sbd and have done very well.

Jan 11, 2006, 01:08 PM
    Terri,

:) Dielt Pills, of ANY type, FDA approved or not simply do not work because you do not deal with the real problem... diet pills are a temporary 'patch' to the real problem at hand. Weight loss can only be achieved with:

Control - over:

portions
    frequency of meals
    types of meals
    conscious choices of what one eats
    exercise
    H2O = hydration - water
    etc

Bad news yes, but truth is that only this works!
    Terii Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2006, 09:20 AM
    Yeah!
    When you work 8 hours a day... how you expect to eat frequently?
    There is no way to eat many small meals when you work.

Jan 23, 2006, 10:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Terii
    Yeah!
    When you work 8 hours a day... how you expect to eat frequently?
    There is no way to eat many small meals when you work.
    Thr point of eating small meals is to boost your metabolism, so by small meals I don't mean a 'sit down' lunch or dinner, I mean a 6 oz carton of milk and a fruit or an energy bar or a yougurt or any snack that will give you protein... that is what is meant by 'small' meals. If you have breaks and I am sure that you do, labort laws states that if you work all day you should have two 15 minute breaks besides your regular lunch time... those small breaks can afford you time to to take a small meal.

Here are a few sites that will give you more information:
    http://www.baptisteast.com/recipes/smallmeals.cfm

http://www.faqfarm.com/Q/What_kind_o...ost_metabolism

http://diet.ivillage.com/issues/isnacks/0,,1khs,00.html

http://www.annecollins.com/weight-lo...eight-loss.htm

Hope this helps,

Irulan
    Terii Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2006, 09:45 AM
    Thank you for the information!
    Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

Apr 12, 2006, 03:13 AM
    This is the best info I have found on the web covering most all diet pills

http://www.ultimatefatburner.com/
    ScoJo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2006, 08:46 PM
    This is ScoJo's wife... anyhow, I take Phentermine... it is not banned... there was a combination a while back called Fen-Fen... It was part of the combo but not the part that caused all the problems in the heart... that was the Fen half and Fen was/is banned. This is something you would need to speak with your doctor about to see if it's right for you or not. If you are in your ideal weight range you will not be given any drug by any dr that has any sense. I personally had been trying from Dec 2005(305lbs)-May 15th 2006(298) to lose weight and had only lost 7lbs using a calorie range of 1200-1400 and working out 3 times a week(I was a beginner). I started taking Phen on May 18th and to date have lost 5lbs. I do agree,you must change your lifestyle... the Rx will work without changing but you will gain it back + some once you go off them. Most doctors will only allow you to be on them at max 6 months because the can be additive. My doctor only allows 3 months and I have to see him at least 1 time a month for a check up. I have weighed the pros and cons and done a lot of research and my dr and I decided to try it because with my families background staying over weight is more risky. I have not had any unpleasant side effects. Mostly excess energy and dry mouth... which both help me to hit my goals of exercise and water in take. I am also using a website that helps me to watch my calories,fat,carb,protein,etc and log my exercise... www.sparkpeople.com...it is absolutely free and very helpful! Bottom line... speak with your Dr. make sure whatever you do is healthy and something that works for you. Hope that helps! If you decide to use sparkpeople come find me... my name is randikiefer on there!
    susy Posts: 35, Reputation: 5

May 30, 2006, 07:30 PM
    Hi, don't use any pill. You will be addicted to it, and if for some reason you lose weight, you will gain the double after a short time. So, don't think about pills because they don't work.
    Let me tell you that long time ago (in the 50s, 60s), beauty was about fat. Overweight people were considered beautiful. Thin people were not considered as beautiful as overweight people. This is totally different from today.
    That means that Society always imposes standards of beauty that people can't reach. As a result, this people get depressed, and consider desperate methods such as pills.
    Solution:
    Do more exercises ( go for a walk, you don't need to overexercise)
    Listen to your body, which is the best regulator of weight. Eat when you are hungry, and stop eating when you are full.
    Try more fiber, organic fruits and vegetables ( you don't need to go on a diet. It was demonstrated that people who go on any kind of diet tempt to gain more weight)
    Love your body( appreciate sizes and shapes) the better self esteem you have, the healthier you are.
    If you want to lose weight try these things, and you will see long term results. Not short term like the result of the consumption of pills do. Be patient. And don't forget to listen to your body. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Chinese weight loss pills? [ 3 Answers ]

I recently started to take 'china show light body essence' tablets and was just wondering if anybody has any information on weather or not they are effective, I have had no signs of weight loss yet...

Are weight loss diet pills safe? [ 29 Answers ]

I am suffering from overweight condition,I usually visited a lot of sites. I just wanted to know about dieat pills. Are they really effective and safe? Suggestion regarding this is greatly appreciated.

Weight Loss [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Has Anybody Tried Nowslim Tablets, And Do They Work?

Are there natural products that aid in Weight loss? [ 6 Answers ]

Is there anything out there that helps with weight loss that is a "Natural" product? Please don't tell me about the "Self Control" pill or "Just stop eating" pill. I am grossly overweight and need to start on some kind of plan so I can slowly lose the extra weight over a year or so. Thanks...

Weight loss [ 2 Answers ]

I am 14 years old and about 5'3 and I weight about 117 pounds but I am a bit overweight I was wondering what I can do to lose it mainly in the stomach and thighs. I was also wondering want calorie intake is normal for my age (for no gain and no lose)?

View more questions Search