Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dangermouse2284 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2007, 10:59 AM
    Cholesterol high levels?
    Hi I am a 22yr old female quite active and I'm 5'4 and about 10 and half stone so I'm a little overweight for my height,I've recently been suffering from health issues so decided to look into my health and do some home testing kits,I checked for diabetes and it came up negative I also check my cholesterol (blood sample) and it should my levels was 300+ mg/dl n 7.8+mmol/l which I gather is high,should I be worried and should I start looking into lowering it.I do eat some fatty foods but not enough to make it this high,I'm also a heaver smoker.anyone got any advice for me,thanks you can email me at [email protected]
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2007, 11:37 AM
    You should cut out fatty and greasy foods and eat more fiber and garlic. Cook with garlic oil instead of the vegetable oils as much as possible.

B Vitamins, besides niacin, decrease the rate at which LDL is damaged through oxidation.

Coenzyme Q10 has been noted to reduce total cholesterol serum levels.

Fiber can be obtained through fiber supplements or through foods such as whole grains and vegetables. It is thought that fiber binds to cholesterol in the small intestine and preventing cholesterol absorption into the bloodstream.

Garlic has been widely studies for its cholesterol-lowering properties.

Vitamin C has been noted to slightly reduce cholesterol

Omega 3 fatty acids are poly-unsaturated fatty acids. Studies show that a diet rich in omega 3 fatty acids may help lower triglycerides and increase HDL cholesterol (the good cholesterol). Omega 3 fatty acids may also act as an anticoagulant to prevent blood from clotting. Several other studies also suggest that these fatty acids may help lower high blood pressure.

Chromium has been seen to reduce LDL levels and increase HDL levels.

Carnitine has been seen to increase HDL levels, therefore decreasing total cholesterol levels.

Grape Seed Extract has been noted to reduce total cholesterol serum levels.

Pantothine has been seen to increase HDL levels, therefore decreasing total cholesterol levels.

Royal Jelly has been seen to lower cholesterol levels by reducing some of the cholesterol-elevating effects of nicotine.

Soy has been shown to reduce total cholesterol levels

Red yeast rice contains a natural form of lovastatin. Effective natural product for cholesterol control. Included in Native Remedies Cholesto-Rite capsules.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

High nitrite levels in my freshwater tank [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I am new to my hobby I just got a 25gal aquarium and filled it out with freshwater tropical fish and as a nub started with fish that is more tolerable to harsh conditions like Platys, Hi-fin tetras, neon tetras, glow fish I had one nub but unfortunately he died about two days ago. I also have 1...

HIgh cholesterol [ 4 Answers ]

Anyone know of any vitamins or foods that help lower LDL cholesterol and boost the HDL ?

Recipes to lower high cholesterol [ 1 Answers ]

My family has a history of high cholesterol and it's happening to me. I walk a lot, I avoid fatty foods and I take a bottle of Danacol daily. My problem is I'm starting to hate boiled or steamed vegies. I can't even stand the smell anymore. Where can I find some good low fat recipes . Thanks

View more questions Search