Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    renjenni Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2007, 10:49 AM
    Mobile home loan
    I have a mobile home that I have been trying to sell for 3 years... I am being transferred out of state... what do I do?? Just call the bank and tell them I'm moving??
    kanicky73 Posts: 484, Reputation: 63

Oct 25, 2007, 10:52 AM
    Unfortunately I don't think moving and calling the bank to tell them so will eleviate you of your legal responsibility to the mortgage. What you could do is contact any local factory's in your area and ask them if they offer relocation services to new employees they hire that move to there from another state. They often will refer people to you looking to buy. Its just an idea.

Oct 25, 2007, 11:09 AM
    I have no choice but to move... I don't really care if I have to pay for default cost... I cannot move a mobile home 2500 miles away... no one will buy it... I live in a community of 800 homes, over 100 are for sale.
    slowandeasy Posts: 353, Reputation: 14

Oct 25, 2007, 11:49 AM
    Hello Renjenni

If you let the moblie home go back and default on the loan Your credit will really be messed up! I understand you are wanting to sell ,but in the long run you are only hurting yourself by letting the bank take it back. Why not just rent until you can sell it?
    Think before you act on this
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 25, 2007, 12:10 PM
    If you default on your loan, the bank will repo the home and sell it at auction. Generally this means they get a fraction of what its worth and what you owe. You will still be responsible for any balance.

Does your company offer relocation assistance? Many companies will buy the home of a relocated employee and then work to rent or sell it.

Oct 25, 2007, 12:32 PM
    ScottGem, that is what I suggested above, the relocation thing. I also like slow and easy's suggestion of renting it out as well. They really don't want the bank to take it. If you ever plan on buying a home again you will have to wait at least 3 years if not longer if you have a foreclosure on your credit. There is another option, check out these links.

We Buy Houses, Cash Home Buyers, Fast Home Offers™ | We Buy Homes

Companies That Buy Houses, Home Buying Service, Sell My House Myself

We Buy Houses.com - Sell Property & Houses Fast

Oct 25, 2007, 01:26 PM
    Right, but its my understanding that they would help them find a new home where they are moving to but not help them sell their current one. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 25, 2007, 05:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kanicky73
    right, but its my understanding that they would help them find a new home where they are moving to but not help them sell their current one. please correct me if i am wrong.
    It depends on the company. One company I used to work for did, in fact, buy the house from the employee. They used a relocation firm to handle the whole program. The employee had the option to tryand sell on their own or accept the relocation firm's offer.

Oct 26, 2007, 07:44 AM
    Ahh, thank you for the info. I stand corrected :-)

Oct 27, 2007, 12:43 PM
    Thank you all that answered my question... The park I live in does not allow for homes to be rented out... other's have tried and have been taken to court for it... very expensive... I have no way to sell it for anywhere near what I owe on it... My company will offer no relocation help... I have no choice but to either bankrupt or foreclose... what's the difference anyway... I will never buy another home... I miss renting and moving if I hate my neighbors. :D

Oct 29, 2007, 08:08 AM
    Then I really don't get why your asking for help? Sounds to me like you have already made up your mind way before you even came to this sight and asked us all for suggestions.

Oct 30, 2007, 01:10 PM
    WOW... you've got a mean streak in you!! Sorry to have bothered you and this sight... All I was asking for were suggestions!! And a little help... I thought the point of this was to have a meaningful dialog... I see that it's YOUR suggestion or the highway... Bye!!

Oct 30, 2007, 01:46 PM
    No not at all but we have all given you really good suggestions and it seems that you have already decided to just let the bank take it. I did not by any means mean to sound mean at all, sometimes its hard to understand someone's tone in here. We tried to give you as many options as we could. Perhaps I should have reworded my post above and said that if you have tried all of our suggestions, your only other option is to just let the bank take it.
    averagejoebuy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2018, 03:41 PM
    https://www.averagejoebuyshouses.com Buys Houses Too
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2018, 02:30 PM
    12 year old post!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

401K Loan vs. Home Equity Loan [ 3 Answers ]

I need $50,000 for a kitchen remodel. I can get a 401K loan 5 yr term 9.25 interest - total payments add up to 62,000 or so with a monthly payment of roughly $1,050. That payment is is tough on my current budget so I was considering a Home Equity Loan with a longer term. I know there are a...

Can I apply Home loan with GPA and not the home registration [ 1 Answers ]

I want to apply for a home loan but the home is registered on the original buyer. He can't transfer the registration, but can give me GPA. The house is in India and new registrations in that state have been stopped for some time. Can I apply home loan based on GPA(Power of attorney)? If yes where...

Garden Tub Faucet - Home of Legend mobile home [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My sister has a leaky garden tub faucet. We can't determine how to access under the faucet. There is no access door. A closet is behind the faucet. When we remove the wallboard, we find the distance from the opening to the faucet too far away to access. Can you help? Thanks, Mary

New home addition -home equity loan or remortgage [ 1 Answers ]

I am 54yrs old and have only 3 yrs left on mortgage.. I want to put on a new addition to house and looks like I will have to borrow $80,000.. Do I want to do home equity or remortgage? I would like to retire in 11 yrs or less

View more questions Search