Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GESTO Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2003, 11:06 AM
    MISSING ICONS ON DESKTOP
    On this PC I am using Windows 98

For no apparent reason when I was browsing "VIEW" the multiple short cut icons disappeared from the desktop backgound. I cannot find a way to get them back onto screen. Can any kind person help please?
    heliotrope Posts: 57, Reputation: 3

Jun 13, 2003, 09:48 PM
    MISSING ICONS ON DESKTOP
    What do you mean by "browsing VIEW"? Are you talking about in your web browser? In a specific program? Do you remember clicking on anything?

Are all your icons missing, or just specific ones?

Post back with your Operating System (O/S), Win98, ME, XP, and more specifics, so I have more information to get the correct answer for you.
    GESTO Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2003, 10:53 AM
    MISSING ICONS ON DESKTOP
    Thank you so much for helping me with my missing icon problem.

Fortunately it semi solved itself when I selected the "View as Web Page" in settings and the icons re-appeared.

If I may I will certainly revert to you if I have more problems. :)
    heliotrope Posts: 57, Reputation: 3

Jun 20, 2003, 09:13 PM
    MISSING ICONS ON DESKTOP
    GESTO:

I'm glad you worked your problem out. You absolutely MAY ask me for whatever help I can give. I'm not a "tech-head" (meaning, I don't have a lot of programming and hardware information), but I do have really outstanding resources and pretty decent basic operating knowledge.

Rose

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transparent icons and disable desktop [ 3 Answers ]

:) :) :) Hello experts! Can you help me disable the active desktop and enjoy transparent icon background? I'm referring to Windows xp. Thank you ALL very much! Ahuva :confused:

Icons missing from desktop on Windows XP [ 2 Answers ]

I have a elderly client that I recently visted for a beginners training session. Somehow... the icons on her DESKTOP are gone... the icons on her desktop are goneHow do I get them back on the desktop. Thank you. [email protected]

Icons [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a way to hide the application icons in my computer? Every time I installed something (i.e. softwares) a new icon is created. I just have so much that it filled the whole monitor. Plssss help me.

Removing Icons from Desktop [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible to have a clear view of background wallpaper without any icons? How do you remove My Computer, My Network Places and the Trash Can from the desktop?

View more questions Search