Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pider Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2005, 08:47 PM
    Removing glue from just-installed maple hardwood
    I have just installed new maple flooring. I used PL400 glue under to start the first few rows. How do you get the excess glue off the floor safely?
    I tried Goo-gone, varsol, stain be-gone... nothing works. When you touch the floor, your finger prints remain and will not come off. :confused: I believe the floor has been finished with wax rather than urethane which explains the white spots. It was a Mexican import :mad:
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2005, 09:11 PM
    Whether it is wax or urethane, the glue shouldn't stick to it, and it should keep the glue from penetrating the pores of the wood. Not sure what is in the PL 400. If it is polyethylene based, it could be tough. Try some acetone. There is enough in a bottle of fingernail polish remover to see if it works, the oil free would be better. If it does, you can pick up a whole gallon at a hardware, home center, or paint store for about $10. Be careful, it is one of the most inflammable materials available to consumers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Glue on hardwood floor [ 5 Answers ]

Just ripped up the carpet and found maple hardwood floors underneath, on one part there is a stretch where it was glued. Does anyone the best producted to use to remove it? Or is sanding my only option? Thanks.

I cannot find adware that is installed [ 4 Answers ]

I had to agree to some adware to download a program I wanted, believing that I could just uninstall it later as I have done before, but this time it is very well hidden. I have done everything I know but cannot find what is causing popup windows putting ads in my face. I have run AVG, I have run...

Painting over black glue [ 1 Answers ]

I have removed very old vinyl tiles in basement and would like to paint over the black glue which is hard and shiny.

Washing machine leak - What kind of glue? [ 1 Answers ]

My washer has a leak that I'm trying to fix. Underneath, there is a large black rubber hose that is connected to the pipe that the dirty water comes out of. The other end is connected to a metal piece with a smooth hole, that looks like the bottom view of a kitchen sink. This rubber hose has a...

Hardwood flooring glue on sheetrock [ 1 Answers ]

We just had hardwood floors installed, and some of the glue got on our door jams and sheetrock. Do you have any suggestions for getting it off the sheetrock. We have started scraping it off the door jams, and will probably sand them and repaint, but I'm not sure what to do with the sheetrock. ...

View more questions Search