Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TinWizard Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 11:08 PM
    Loss of appetite and lethargic
    My cat who was just neutered and declawed on Thursday October 18, 2007, has since had a total loss of appetite and sleeps 23 hours a day. She was released from the vet 2 days after surgery and was given Amoxicillin and Torbugesic for pain. After she was home for a day is when she seemed to start the symptoms I mentioned before. Along with those she also started to vomit after administering her medication, although there was no food present in the vomit , there was bile. I took her back to the vet and they gave her fluids, sub-cuetasously (spelling?), as well as an injection to ease the vomiting. This was yesterday,(Tues. Oct. 22). I brought her back home the same day, and she ate 2 bites of some wet food and a very small bit of dry food. But for the remainder of the day and all day today, she hasn't eaten anything. She has had wet and dry food available to her all day as well as water and it appears to be the same amount as when I left for work. Is there something else wrong w/her?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2007, 06:13 AM
    Being around all of those other animals she could have picked up a bug.Just keep check with the vet and give her a few days. Normally if a cat is in really serious pain they do not eat. My belief is that when they are declawed that it usually changes them, it is amputation of parts that the cat depends on just like humans, it would be like removing your nails or finger tips. Maybe she is severely depressed. Hopefully she will bounce back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lethargic Cat [ 5 Answers ]

My 12-year-old cat has become very lethargic in the last week. Eating is down but hasn't stopped. She still uses the litter box. She sleeps much more and seems to have lost all interest in initiating interraction. Visibly she seems the same.

Loss of Appetite and vomiting in cats [ 9 Answers ]

My cats does not want to eat or drink anything, and allof the tests arecoming back normal and negative. Does anyone know what this could be need help asap

Appetite Suppresants [ 1 Answers ]

Which over the counter appetite (diet pill) suppresants are safe, and really work?

My puppy is losing weight and loss of appetite! [ 2 Answers ]

I have thirteen week old black lab. He was always a big chunk and a big eater. Three days ago my girlfriend found him by the washer drinking the water leaking from hot water heater and washing machine. ( could have had soap, fabric softner and lint and dirt) The last two days his appetite is...

Loss of appetite [ 1 Answers ]

My 9 y/o Dalmatian has recently stopped eating her food. She drinks a lot of water. She has been eating cat droppings from a litter box and I recently gave her a dewormer. Could she have an upset stomach from the cat's poop and litter or is there something more wrong?

View more questions Search