Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelinafurcoat Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2005, 03:13 PM
    Likely an easy question to answer
    I have recently received my credit reports from all three companies. When looking at them, I saw that a couple of accounts have potentially negative items on them. When reviewing them, I got a bit confused on the terms under "Responsibility". Some say individual (I figured that one out!), some say authorized user and some say joint. What is the difference between an authorized user and joint? Am I responsible for those that name me as an authorized user? If not, how do I dispute them to get them off my record? Thank you for any information you can give. I am currently going through a divorce and my soon-to-be ex has really messed up our credit. I need to get mine back on track before I refinance my home.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 4, 2005, 03:53 PM
    Hi, and welcome to the forum. If you have a local bank and know someone there, a clerk you frequently go to, or even a credit advisor, have him/her explain this issue to you and then at the same time have the accounts changed if possible. As far as I know, joint means that both of you are aurthorized. Authorized could mean just you or both, so see if you can prove what you purchased to try and get it cleared. Again, good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hi this is a very odd question but please answer it [ 16 Answers ]

Hi I have shaved my pubic hair if I said to my friend I have would that be normal if I told him I have shaved it ? And would it be normal if I showed it to him as well or would he call me gay boy or think I am gay pleae answer this it is very odd question but pleasse answer it :confused:

Silly question, but still please answer eh ;) [ 26 Answers ]

OK, you may all think I'm being overly worried about this situation, but that's just me eh ;) Anyhow, here's the backstory... I'm a senior in university and for the longest time, obviously until recently, was in a longterm relationship (nearly 4 years), we began dating summer after HS, both at...

Hotmail password and answer question [ 2 Answers ]

,hiii, I forgott my hotmail password and answer question, in this address, [email protected], plzz help me, quikly, thanks

Very easy question [ 1 Answers ]

Hiya, I realise of running the risk of been called a complete idiot, but, so what... I have decided to copy some cd's with my sister's new computer since it has a CDR and thought it would be an easy process. Well, I have the CD I want to record in the correct tray, the empty one in the other...

View more questions Search