Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    erinlr Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2005, 11:45 AM
    Hoping results are false negatives
    Hello-I wnted to see if others have shared in my frustrations and have any advice. I had my last af the 26th of sept. I am always irregular so this came as no surprise except now I am hoping I am pregnant. I have been experiencing these symptoms: extreme mood swings, very tired at night, sore breasts, very seldom nausea but no vomitting, very hungry by 11 am, cramping and bloating. I know that these can also be symptoms that I am about to start but I just feel different this time. I have taken 3 negative hpt but still have not started. My husband and I have not been trying to conceive but we have not been trying to prevent it either. We only use withdrawal. Now I think it may be to the point weree this is all psychological and I am making myself think I am pregnant. Because I want to be so badly. Any advice, what do you think my chances are of being pregnant?
    drali77 Posts: 127, Reputation: 5

Nov 4, 2005, 02:20 PM
    Hi,
    I am sending you a link about Pregnancy Diagnosis hope it might help

http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic3277.htm

Cheers
    drali77 Posts: 127, Reputation: 5

Nov 4, 2005, 02:22 PM
    One more link about Common Pregnancy Complaints and Questions

http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic3238.htm
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 5, 2005, 01:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by erinlr
    Hello-I wnted to see if others have shared in my frustrations and have any advice. I had my last af the 26th of sept. i am always irregular so this came as no surprise except now I am hoping I am preg. I have been experiencing these symptoms: extreme mood swings, very tired at night, sore breasts, very seldom nausea but no vomitting, very hungry by 11 am, cramping and bloating. I know that these can also be symptoms that I am about to start but I just feel different this time. I have taken 3 neg hpt but still have not started. My husband and I have not been trying to conceive but we have not been trying to prevent it either. We only use withdrawal. Now i think it may be to the point weree this is all psychological and I am making myself think i am preg. b/c i want to be so badly. Any advice, what do you think my chances are of being preg?
    Dear erinlr, I know I answered to this post and this is the second time that my posts don't show up for some reason, so I will answer again. Don't be surprised if you see the other answer then, as in the other thread, when I answered again, my original post popped up.

Your symtpoms sound 'real' and I hope your wish will come true.
    First, the golden rule - when in doubt, always consult your physician.
    Second, the following sites are two among many for you to choose from. I have found them as being the easiest and really informative:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sym...gnancy/PR00102 scroll down and even get answers on flying while pregnant, exercise, dangers, etc.
    www.askdramy.com The U.K. online doctor. You can post on a forum, or 'ask the Dr. Amy' with a click. The FAQ Tab on the homepage is also a good place to click and has a lot of good subject matter. P.S. Most of the articles are printable in PDF format - and you get taken through all the stages to relieve your anxieties. In these times all of us have hopes, fears, and sometimes create stress - don't stress yourself out - get reassured.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

erinlr Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2005, 10:20 AM
    Thanks for the advice
    Quote Originally Posted by erinlr
    Hello-I wnted to see if others have shared in my frustrations and have any advice. I had my last af the 26th of sept. i am always irregular so this came as no surprise except now I am hoping I am preg. I have been experiencing these symptoms: extreme mood swings, very tired at night, sore breasts, very seldom nausea but no vomitting, very hungry by 11 am, cramping and bloating. I know that these can also be symptoms that I am about to start but I just feel different this time. I have taken 3 neg hpt but still have not started. My husband and I have not been trying to conceive but we have not been trying to prevent it either. We only use withdrawal. Now i think it may be to the point weree this is all psychological and I am making myself think i am preg. b/c i want to be so badly. Any advice, what do you think my chances are of being preg?
    Thank you all for your advice. This forum has really helped me realize that there are so many women out there that are having the same frustrations as I am. I have decided to just believe the negative. I think I have just been wanting it so badly and hoping for symptoms that I may actually be making myself sick. I propbably have not started because I'm stressing out so much. My husband helped me realize that I do not need to be in such a hurry. There is always next month and we haven't really even started trying. I just have high hopes. I hope others of you who face the same problem can come to my realization. Maybe if we just relax and not stress out so much and let nature take it's course, we will soon get what we are hoping for. There are so many women who get pregnant. That do not want children, that I believe there is high hoe for us women who want nothing more than a child to raise. Good Luck to you all!
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 5, 2005, 06:34 PM
    Dear erinlr, I know this is easier said than done, but please do not get depressed. Your last post sounded to me as if you are heading in that direction and I wish I were there to give you a hug and let you know that we are here for you any time. No matter what the outcome this month, don't give up your hope, and yes, do relax and put your mind on other things for a while with your husband's support. I hope that the sites we recommended did not increase your fears or anxieties, that's not what they were meant to do. So, please don't give up on yourself, or us and keep in touch. Hoping to hear from you again soon,

Chery

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very Vague Description of scene in movie.. hoping to find title [ 6 Answers ]

Can anyone name the movie this scene may have come from?. Two cops walk into an old house. A record player is playing, antiques decorate the front room. The cops are overwhelmed with pungent odor exuding from dining room... Upon entering they discover a family (older people) of rotted corpses ,...

I'm new... Hoping for some advice [ 24 Answers ]

Well, I've been dating a man for a little over 3 months... and I know that is not a long time, but here is my story... We really liked each other in the beginning... and I still really like him. He seems to have some issues from the past that were effecting our realtionship(that is my version...

Hoping for some head help. [ 3 Answers ]

I am a 24 year old male, 6'2, 200 pounds. I am in good physical condition, and enjoy sports and physical activities. About a year ago, I started to have so problems with my head. I have a common feeling of lightheadedness, that will come and go in no particular routine. I went to the doctor...

Hoping to be pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I are trying for our third child. Possibility of twins on his side. It has only been 1 week since we had unprotected sex. Is it possible to feel the effects of the beginning of pregnancy this early? I cannot use a pregnancy test for a couple of weeks can I? Would a blood test be...

View more questions Search