Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Terri Diegel Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Oct 24, 2007, 04:57 PM
    My gelding horse is producing semen
    HI, I have a 7yr old gelding that was gelded at 4. He just showed signs of ejaculation and produced sperm during the process. He did this behavior twice. We were riding with a mare and another gelding. He was very vicious toward the gelding throughout the ride. He is also very dominant toward other horses at times. I heard neither a proud cut or decending testicle issue can produce sperm. So, what do I have here? I talked to the prev. owner and she said she is sure both testicles were removed.
    Thank you
    OlivesNCream Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Dec 10, 2007, 09:34 PM
    How strange-- but you are probably correct in assuming that something didn't quite go right when the horse was gelded.

My friend has a goat she had gotten from a friend which has dropped a single testicle, EVEN THOUGH he was supposed to have been fully castrated.

So it is possible that something was botched during the gelding of the horse. It'd be best to have him examined by a vet to be certain and to find out what can be done about it. For now, I would certainly try to keep him away from other male horses [stallion, colts, or even other geldings] while around mares or fillies. His behavior seems evocative of that of a Stallion who knows he's a man-- if you catch my drift.
    Terri Diegel Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Dec 11, 2007, 05:14 AM
    Thanks for your answer but I talked to the vet and he was urinating, not ejaculating lol!
    OlivesNCream Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Dec 11, 2007, 09:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Terri Diegel
    Thanks for your answer but I talked to the vet and he was urinating, not ejaculating lol!

You're welcome lol That is kind of amusing, then.

Maybe his behavior, then, was just a result of jealousy among equines? Hmmm... lol Maybe he had a crush on the mare. :P There's a gelding horse at the stables where a friend boards her two mares that absolutely adores the younger mare and will follow her around and groom her if they are turned out into the field :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dishwasher's not producing water [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to figure out why my dishwasher's not spitting out water. It seems to being turning on but there's no water coming out. Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

How much semen goes in? [ 6 Answers ]

How much semen goes inside the female after sex?We are trying to conceive.After intercourse,I keep two pillows under my hip.By the time I keep the pillows,all the semen flows out of me.I am worried if anything goes in at all.Is this normal?

Cat still producing milk [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my cat has recently been separated from young,kittens .she appears confused and is carrying swollen sacs of milk,is there anything I cando to help her through this ,she is very clingy

View more questions Search