Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DinosaurHelper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 12:38 PM
    HP 6L prints only infinite number codes
    I run Windows XP. I have an HP 6L laser printer. It worked fine for me, and the other day I moved it physically. It worked for a few days after the move, then the bottom half of the letters of words printed wasn't matching the top half. Then it just came out in illegible symbols. Is this a virus? Did I damage something when moving it? Is it a driver problem?
    I had the printer test its test page and it came out great, I had the driver print the test page, and it came out unreadable symbols, so I uninstalled the driver and got the newest fanciest driver from HP online. It didn't help, now it prints beautiful letters and numbers when I run the test page (through the CU) or when I try to print my word documents. It is an endless string of numbers and letters, and I have to unplug it, cancel print jobs, take out the pper (boy have I wasted a ton!)
    Could it be my printer cable? I have virus protection, so I would hope something hadn't gotten through, but I have scanned the computer a few times and never found anything. Help!! :eek:
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 01:09 PM
    It doesn't sound like a virus, but maybe messed up printing settings on the document you are printing? Try using another word program to see if that helps. It's not fun dealing with printers, I know.. I hate when mine does dumb stuff. =P
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Oct 24, 2007, 08:05 PM
    Hi,

No the printer is working fine. It is proabaly a setting inside of Word that is mucking everything up. I can do some quick testing tomorrow but I pretty sure that's where your villain is.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Oct 29, 2007, 06:16 AM
    Okay. There are two possible causes.

1) Someone was playing with the printer and managed to get it into "Hex trace mode".

Word was lefdt in "Symbol" Mode/ To change that, start Word and look under the tools menu. Find Symbols and unclick it..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I register for a business number in Canada and provide my social Insurance number. [ 1 Answers ]

If I register for a business number in Canada and provide my social Insurance number.. ... will my SIN always be "connected" with my business? In other words, as far as Canada REvenue is concerned are they 2 different entities? I want to apply for Bus # for a sole propriatorship

Infinite series [ 2 Answers ]

I've always liked infinite series. Here's one maybe you'll like to tackle. Not too bad. Find the sum of: \sum_{n=1}^{\infty}\frac{(-1)^{n-1}\cdot{6n}}{e^{2n}} It does converge.

Mathematical Induction/Infinite Series [ 1 Answers ]

How do you prove mathematical induction of infinite series? The objective of this task is to investigate patterns and formulate conjectures about numerical series. Thank you, Ed Adler

Is there still a PES and prints to be had [ 1 Answers ]

I bought two etchings about thirty years ago and would like to know if the society still exits and has etchings for sale. I have trouble making out the names of the artists. Both, irrrespective of their worth, are among my prized possessions, and my goal is to acquire other if possible. Any help...

View more questions Search