Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    young lady Posts: 10, Reputation: -2

Nov 3, 2005, 06:02 PM
    Help me! I'm having a major break down!
    There are two guys at school they both like me. One's a year older, the other is the same age. The guy who is the same age as me is going to ask me out soon it's what my friends all say who overheard him talking but he would treat "Going Out" as just a title and that's not what I want but he's really sweet and if I said, "No" it would break his heart and I see him multiple times every day. The older guy wouldn't ask me out as soon and I'd have to say no when I told my friend who communicates with the first guy I'd say "Yes" but I'm not so sure. With the older guy, I've known him longer and he'd probably hold my hand, kiss my forehead, cheeks, hold me, give me his jacket if I was cold, and maybe even peck my lips. That's exactly what I want but is breaking the first guy's heart worth this tender love?
    Help!
    young lady
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Nov 3, 2005, 07:37 PM
    You shouldn't feel guilty for not wanting to go out with the first guy. Your young and you deserve to have fun. What you should do is sit down with the first guy and tell him that he's a great guy, but you can't go out with him. Let him know that you and him are better off as friends. I know that you don't want to hurt his feelings, however, it's not good to be in a relationship with a person you aren't interested in, so it's best to be honest with him.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2005, 06:00 AM
    Choices
    Hi,
    I agree with Prettynpetite with "be yourself" and be honest. There is nothing wrong with having many friends to go out with. Personally, I wouldn't be paying much attention to what other people say about how someone feels about you. Gossip starts that way, and we all know that gossip is not always true, or false. You never know.
    It sounds like you feel you can't be really good friends with more than one boy at a time! Going out with someone has nothing to do with someone else.
    The boy your age really hasn't asked you out yet! So, you are worrying about something that hasn't even happened.
    If he asks you out, and you don't want to go, just simply tell him you would rather not. Being friends with someone doesn't mean you have to go out with them. How are you going to handle it, if 3 or 4 boys like you, talk with you every day or every other day, and want to go out with you?
    You are free to pick who you want to go out with. Don't be afraid of hurting someone's feelings about this. Their personal feelings are up to them, not you. You willl not always be able to make everyone happy, just remember that.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2005, 09:09 AM
    You have to do what's right for YOU. You cannot worry about nor be responsible for someone else's reactions to your decisions. You must be loyal to yourself and not worry about breaking someone else's heart. Follow your heart and go for whatever is right for you.
    Katiy Posts: 56, Reputation: -3
    -

Nov 15, 2005, 03:25 AM
    Both
    Why limit yourself. You are not a babysitter. Go out with them both, if they can't handle it, give them a tissue.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 15, 2005, 05:06 PM
    As long as your honest and considerate you should go out with whomever you like.Just don't play games with peoples feelings.
    jeffatl Posts: 489, Reputation: 83

Nov 15, 2005, 05:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Katiy
    Why limit yourself. You are not a babysitter. Go out with them both, if they can't handle it, give them a tissue.
    DO NOT LISTEN TO ANYTHING SHE SAYS PLEASE!.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2005, 05:10 PM
    Katiy... I love your answer.

Guys will get over a broken heart. Be honest and upfront and do what makes you feel good. He will get over it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need Major Help [ 2 Answers ]

Ok Last yr my 10 yr old daughter went to live with her father, we agreed if she wanted to come back home she could. We went to court and made it to where he had physical cutody, but judge left me with lega custody. I was to have visitation every other weekend Well I got it about 3 times.. the...

After a first major break-up [ 6 Answers ]

I was talking to a friend the other day. I wnet through a pretty rough break up a little while back, my first major break up with a girl I had been with for sometime. My ex did the whole "break" thing and it took a while to get over. My friends ex did pretty much the same thing to him and we were...

Major Cat Problems [ 1 Answers ]

My cat is almost 3 years old and has had major issues most of her life. She is generally a timid cat who does not like strangers or other animals. She has a skin problem which causes her to itch uncontrolably on her head and face only. She has had lab work and is on or has been on several...

Major Tax Confusion - Please HELP! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, This is my situation. Icame to United States on July 2000 on F1 Status. On January 2005, my opt was started. I got hired by a NJ based consulting firm on May 2005 and started working/getting paid form June 2005. My Opt Expired on January 2006 and I am on my H1 B since then. I got only one W2...

I need major help! [ 2 Answers ]

I have a big problem at school. OK, there is this guy and he has a girlfriend. At the beginning og November he was flirting with me. But I didn't know that he had a girlfriend. So, one of my friends say that he said that I went to talk to him saying that to break up with his girl friend. Which I...

View more questions Search