Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alias86 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 07:09 AM
    80's/90's kids movie
    Hey guys.

I'm trying to remember the name of a movie I watched as a kid.

It was on a video cassette (remember those?), and I remember my mom hired it for me from a library. I was born in '88, so I'm guessing that I would've watched it mid-late 90's. That said, I have absolutely no idea when the video might have been made.

I'm also from Australia, and it's a possibility that this was an aussie video, not released in other countries. Anyway, here's what I remember of it:

- It was actually 2 (or possibly 3) separate but related stories on one video.

- First story involved some kids predicting when a meteorite would land, and trying to find it before some evil authorities did. They ended up tracking it down to an old junk-yard, and while the authorities were using a powerful electro-magnet to suck it out of an oil pool, one of the kids discovered that it had actually crashed into a 'Ford Meteor' car.

- Second story involved one of the kids hacking into a government computer to find out some information about a satellite. The satellite crash landed, and the kids tried to find it before some evil guys on motorbikes could.

From my vague childhood memory of it, this video was absolutely awesome. I recently realized that the inspiration I got from that movie has gone on to shape my life in pretty big ways. As such I'd love to track it down for nostalgia purposes.

Any suggestions?
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 07:26 AM
    Star Kid (1997) ?

Oct 24, 2007, 08:06 AM
    Thanks for replying... After checking it out on IMDB, I can say that it's definitely not Star Kid.

Oct 24, 2007, 04:57 PM
    I managed to track down some other movies I watched around that time. They were by some UK company called the Children's Film Foundation
    (Children's Film Foundation (CFF) [gb])

At this point I think it's pretty unlikely I'll be able to track down the movie unless one of you guys happens to have seen it also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kids movie from the 80's or 90's? [ 4 Answers ]

This has been driving me insane! I remember these movies and can't find them anywhere. The names are on the tip of my tongue, but I can't seem to spit them out. Try to help me remember, please!! :) 1st movie: It wasn't animated... it was a version of sleeping beauty I think? I remember the...

80's-90's fantasy movie with two kids [ 1 Answers ]

I remember seeing this one a long time ago, but all I can remember is the beginning. Two kids, I think brother and sister... I think they had one of those old rope swings with the wooden seat, because I remember them playing on it, and then running off to play in the woods and something bad happens...

80's or 90's kids movie [ 1 Answers ]

I can't remember the name of this movie, but it was about a young boy who had to go live with his grandparents, I'm not sure if he was orphaned or what, but he took a train to get to his grandparents. I think they might have lived in scotland or some place like that, but I can't remember for sure....

Kids movie from late 80's early 90's I think [ 11 Answers ]

There was a movie that I watched once when I was younger about a young girl who had dolls that came to life and they lived in a land that she could go to if she stepped through her mirror. I know it is not Alice and Wonderland. This movie was about the girl's grandma was getting older and she...

Name of 80's or 90's kids fantasy movie [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all I am trying to find a title of a movie done about the late 80's early 90's or so. It was a kids movie, where a kid, proabably in his teens, gets transported back in time to a slightly alternate universe. Sort of medieval/fudal. I saw the trailer for it and remember it had...

View more questions Search