Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Al Barrs Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2005, 04:49 PM
    Moving a refrigerator??
    Anyone know, for sure, if a newer home model (enclosed compressor) refrigerator or freezer can be moved lying on its side? I have been told it won't hurt it if you let it set upright for a period before you plug it in so the coolant will settle back into the bottom of the comrpessor reservoir. I have to move one about 5 miles. Thanks!!
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2005, 06:42 AM
    Refrigerator
    Hi,
    Here is a link with tips on moving one:

http://www.ehow.com/how_9389_move-refrigerator.html

You should never move a refrigerator from one place to another on its side or back. It should always be standing up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Refrigerator doesn't get cold [ 3 Answers ]

I have a magic chef refrigerator. I can hear it running, but it doesn't get cold in either the fridge part or freezer. It doesn't make ice cubes, but I can see frost building up in the back of the freezer part.

Another Refrigerator Question [ 8 Answers ]

Our refrigerator had been collecting water on the top shelf and not cooling well. In reading answers on this site, I found the blocked drain in the top of the fridge and cleared it. After turning it back on, everything seemed fine. It's a Kenmore, top freezer, 6 years old. Two days later, and...

Refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have a haier refigerator that the fan don't work model #is HTE10WNAWW. SERIAL# IS K2001000326. IS THAT A SOMETHING I COULD DO MYSELF OR HIRED A PRO. THANKS

Refrigerator [ 9 Answers ]

Is there a way to degrade/destroy a refrigerator to the point of replacement without any truly visible signs of sabotage? I know this sounds crazy, but I need a new refrigerator from the landlord.

Refrigerator [ 2 Answers ]

What actually happens to a refrigerator if it is laid on its side or back ? Is that a myth or does it ruin it?

View more questions Search