Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mohd danish Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2007, 08:38 AM
    What is the evidence given by scientistic to support that an asteroid caused mass extinction of plant and animal life?
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 03:37 AM
    A huge crater off the Yucatan peninula, I believe. Take it for what it's worth. This crater, they claim, dates to 65 million years ago and is large enough to have been caused my an extinction-level event asteroid.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2007, 03:45 AM
    The main evidence actually comes from the fossil record, rather than the crater.

See Cretaceous–Tertiary extinction event - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Jul 4, 2008, 10:40 PM
    Another piece of evidence is the iridium layer all over the world that dates to the time of the impact. Iridium is a heavy metallic element not common on Earth but it is common in asteroids. Below the iridium leayer, dinosaur bones are common. Above it, they are not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Extinction Pop [ 3 Answers ]

Can somebody can tell me about the word "extinction pop: refer to

Extinction coeffiecient [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, What is the importance of extinction coefficient? And molar extinction coefficient? If the value is too large like 100000,what information we get from it?

Elephant extinction [ 3 Answers ]

What measures have been taken to preserve the african elephant population?

Evidence: [ 12 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, You know since I have been coming to this board many have tried to degrade those who believe in a Creator. For these one, think about this. For Many years now, scientific experts in various field of Science have perceived that there is many intelligent designs in the...

View more questions Search