Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jcpaint Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2007, 08:59 PM
    Forced foreclosure by ex.
    I was divorced in Jan. 05. My ex spouse was to sign an acquit claim deed at that time, and it still hasn't been filed. I wanted to sell the home back then... and now the housing market here in Ohio is in a terrible slump. I fell behind on the mortgage, as I have been paying it all along... and now the home is close to foreclosure. This was the only asset that I was awarded in the divorce. Without the equity from my home, I have nothing to move on with. I do not have a good paying job, as I was out of the workforce for 15 years raising the kids in my marriage. Is there any way I can sue my ex for damaging my credit further? He was also absolved of back payments he owed in child support... and in return, I got to keep custody of my kids. He is very wealthy... and already owns a new home that is worth three times what mine is worth... and he is still the lead on my loan. Help! I don't want to lose my kids to this abusive and controlling man... and they don't want to have to live with him in a blended family. I need counsel now... and I cannot afford an attorney. I went to all available agencies here in my area, only to find that they have waiting lists to take the cases. Due to my poor credit rating, I cannot be accepted in apartment or rental properties. I will have nowhere to live by Christmas. Please, help!
    PoliticallyCorrect Posts: 58, Reputation: 3

Oct 27, 2007, 12:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jcpaint
    I was divorced in Jan. 05. My ex spouse was to sign an aquit claim deed at that time, and it still hasn't been filed. I wanted to sell the home back then....and now the housing market here in Ohio is in a terrible slump. I fell behind on the mortgage, as I have been paying it all along....and now the home is close to foreclosure.

Get in touch with the mortgage company now. They will not want to foreclose and will be willing to renegotiate this loan with you

He was also absolved of back payments he owed in child support...and in return, I got to keep custody of my kids.

This makes no sense, you did not 'buy' the kids. He probably was able to prove he could not afford to make the payments at the time.

He is very wealthy...and already owns a new home that is worth three times what mine is worth

Then go back to the court to renegotiate the child payments!

I need counsel now...and I cannot afford an attorney.

Yes you do. Call up some charities, your church or anyone who might take your case. There are lawyers out there willing to waive a fee to help people like you

I went to all available agencies here in my area, only to find that they have waiting lists to take the cases. Due to my poor credit rating, I cannot be accepted in apartment or rental properties. I will have nowhere to live by Christmas. Please, help!
    Do not consider moving. Sit tight. Talk to everyone. You need help and will get it
    Good luck!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2007, 02:03 PM
    You do not need an Attorney - go back to the Court where the Divorce was heard; take the Judgment which requires your X to sign a quit claim deed; the Court will assist you in filling out the papers. A Motion will be filed and heard to enforce the Judgment of Divorce; If your X refuses to sign the Quit Claim following the hearing, an Officer of the Court can and will sign his name by Court Order. As far as trading child support for custody - I don't understand this part. Be aware that if you file the quit claim and the house is entirely in your name you could be required by your bank to refinance the mortgage in your name only.

At any rate - if you are having the significant financial problems you indicate you need to get support for your children!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foreclosure - Forced Homeowner's Insurance [ 4 Answers ]

I recently tried to provide advice to a lady whose home will be sold at Trustee Sale on August 24, 2007. She is down about 8 months, and the lender placed their own insurance on the property to protect their interest. She has no escrow account and allowed her policy to lapse about 4 months ago. Her...

Forced out by landlord due to property going into foreclosure [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, We recently signed a contract to rent to own. We have been in our house for 3 months. Our landlord sent us letter stating that his lender had raised his mortgage payment and that the property was soon to go into foreclosure. Our rent to own contract does not end for another 21 months. ...

Forced to Move [ 4 Answers ]

My family and I are renting a home, we have only been in the house since the beginning of June. Put down a security deposit along with 1st months rent. Now, we find out that the house is being foreclosed. We have been told to vacate the property. We have asked the landlord for the security...

How to get over someone when your forced to be alone [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so I just found out that my girlfriend is cheating on me? How? She called on accident and I heard "YEAH" Anyway I am OK during the day when I sleep and am with people but I work nights as a security guard alone and I was just needing some advice to get through the night while being forced...

Forced into another position [ 4 Answers ]

I have a two fold issue. I was hired in a purchasing position, but due to lay offs and employees quiting they are trying to force me into a warehouse position. I will be in an air conditioned office in the warehouse, but will still be required to do many things in the warehouse where the...

View more questions Search