Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Blueou Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2007, 07:31 PM
    Finding a hobby for a bed ridden man.
    My fiancé is a 40 year old male. He will be having back surgery, again. This means he will be off work for many months and will probably have to retire early. He has always worked hard and been a builder and grater driver, hard manual labor. He does some welding.
    He does not like to read or do word puzzles, etc. He has always been active and a provider. He hates the thought of being worthless. What are some good hobbies or light activities that he could maybe sell or just feel good about. Could anyone please help with suggestions. I don't want depression or worthless thoughts creeping in.

Thanks so much.
    Blueou
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2007, 07:37 PM
    Building model cars, boats, airplanes, buildings, sky scrapers... :)
    Something like that might be fun and interesting...
    HogleLover Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Nov 1, 2007, 03:53 PM
    Painting?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2007, 07:10 PM
    Have him look into some schooling by mail, he might even work himself into a desk job. Just don't let him give up on himself and please don't you give up on him.
    Duane in Japan Posts: 282, Reputation: 8

Nov 17, 2007, 08:52 AM
    Desk job got me thinking and I am a Vet, contact your local disability office and see who around town hires disabled folks with bad backs. Get started in that field, computers, programming, accounting, the list could go on and on.

I play classical guitar and thought that if I lost my hands in the war that I would build two really ugly mechanical hands to play guitar and I would program these robotic hands to play for me, the music is very soothing to me.

I also want to stay at home and do consulting work, if you as the client needed something, I am the go to guy for information, I send you to a certain shop based on many things, price, experience, reputation, etc and I charge the client a small consult fee and the shop gives me a small finders fee.

Stock market brokrage, buying online some product and re-selling it for a profit, make a deal with the seller of a product based on quantity (costume jewelry), too many things to go into, these are just a few of my ideas for my later years. I have a Japanese / American friend who sells leather wallets with chains hanging off them, they are sold to bikers and young people that are into that style, he make mounds of money here in Japan, bought his dad the 50th Anniversary Vette when it was new.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bed Slats for full size bed [ 3 Answers ]

I am purchasing a new mattress and box spring. I have been told that I need to supply three full size bed slats. I need the dimensions and type of wood that should be used so I can purchase them at my nearest Home Depot or Lowe's. I specifically need the length required. I need this answer...

In need of a hobby [ 5 Answers ]

I need a hobby. My dad won't let me watch television until I get a hobby.:(

How to help someone find a hobby? [ 25 Answers ]

I'd like to help my girlfriend find herself a hobby. We've talked about it, I asked her to explain to me what makes her happy in her life, and I've come to a conclusion that the only hobby she's really interested in is watching television. Now I know that's, first of all, not healthy. She can...

My Hobby. [ 6 Answers ]

I don't have too many hobbies I guess. Music over-all is one. Another is hanging out with my friends and doing stupid things (yes, a hobby). But the one hobby I love the very most is helping people with their problems/issues. My friends say it's a great thing of me to do and they respect me for it...

About my hobby [ 4 Answers ]

Am trying to find a hobby. I have never really had any hobbies in my adult life and I am now trying to find one. I don't know how to even start. I am looking for any help on how to find something that interests me.

View more questions Search