Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toya1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2007, 07:26 PM
    Preschool teacher salary
    What is the salary of a pre-school teacher?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2007, 09:45 PM
    That's depends on a number of factors:

1. Where the teaching job is located.

2. What the starting pay for teachers is, in the school district where the teaching position is located.

3. Whether-or-not the teacher has any advanced degrees beyond a B.A. or B.S. such as an M.A. or M.S. or even, Ph.D.

4. How many years teaching, as an employee of a school district, the teacher has already. Most school districts will start a teacher at a higher point in the school district's salary schedule depending on how many years experience the teacher already has.

5. Whether the job is full or part-time.

I did find a site which lists the average starting pay for primary school teachers in the United States as being $25,707.00. But, that is an average.

NationMaster - Primary teacher salary > Starting (most recent) by country
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 23, 2007, 09:49 PM
    It will also make a difference if the preschool is public or parochial. Parochial teachers' salaries are lower than those of public teachers.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2007, 10:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    It will also make a different if the preschool is public or parochial. Parochial teachers' salaries are lower than those of public teachers.
    That's very true! I should have remembered that. Most of my teaching that I did was at parochial schools.
    MaksMommy04 Posts: 12, Reputation: 0

Dec 24, 2007, 08:59 AM
    I think the above post is probably average - but you also have to take into consideration if the children have special needs as well. SOMETIMES teachers get paid more to help special needs children!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salary vs Hourly, punching a clock on salary. [ 2 Answers ]

My company put me on salary a few years back. I still have to work overtime and I still have to punch a time card, I just dont get paid for any overtime hours. Also I have not gotten the standard raise that I used to get anymore. I was wondering is this fair practice?

Preschool teacher [ 2 Answers ]

Can I get a preschool eduaction degree in 4 yrs?

Average Salary Range for a Preschool Teacher? [ 2 Answers ]

If I were to obtain a Early Childhood Certificate from Montgomery College, about how much would my salary range each year?

View more questions Search