Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mblocker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2007, 05:49 PM
    Bathroom tile
    Hi, I have removed the old shower tiles and the surface has the old thin set on the floor in spots. I also, took some of the mortar out with the old tiles. Do I need to resurface the floor with new mortar and fill in the low spots and smooth over before laying the new tiles? This is my first tiling project. Thanks, mike
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2007, 11:06 PM
    I would because if the surface isn't flat you may have an uneven floor and that may cause tile cracks and breaking in the long run.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tile Underlayment in Bathroom. [ 3 Answers ]

Due to a cast iron toilet flange that sticks up approximately 1" after old tile/mortar removal, I need to build up an underlayment. The subfloor is 3/4" plywood 16" oc. I am thinking about putting down a 5/8 layer of plywood and than 1/4 cement backerboard to get level with flange for tiling....

Bathroom Wall Tile [ 2 Answers ]

I am tiling my bathroom walls with a ceramic tile. I want to do a diamond pattern. When I cut the pieces on a 45 degree angle, the tile chips off when I get close to the opposite corner. I don't get a clean cut from end to end. What is the secret to getting a nice end to end cut?

Tile a Bathroom floor [ 5 Answers ]

I'm currently remodeling my bathroom. The plan is to replace the toilet and vanity. Should I tile up to the vanity or install the tile prior to installing the vanity and have the tile under the edges of the new vanity? Thanks for the help!

Painting bathroom tile [ 3 Answers ]

How do I remove paint from ceramic tiles in a shower?

Tile Bathroom Floor [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, my husband just recently Tiled our bathroom floor, and he just grouted the tile yesterday, how long will it need to dry before being able to get wet (like if we use the bathtub/shower) and also is it necessary to seal the grout? He says it's not but I have read on the internet otherwise? ...

View more questions Search