Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    budmanpat Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2007, 01:11 PM
    Lennox electric furnace
    I have a lennox electric furnace w/ac. It is about 30yrs old and just stopped heating.
    How hard is it to replace the heating elements? Can I do it myself?
    hixton Posts: 146, Reputation: 5

Oct 23, 2007, 08:14 PM
    What stopped working there is several heating coils in that furnace check to make sure you have 240 volts to unit the relay that runs the blower on that furnace has a way of coming loose you need to push it back in try that
    Gford50 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2011, 06:58 PM
    I need to change heat sequencers , the problem is the unit is stuck in heat mode . Unit is about 30 years old and the seq. Are shaped different can I use the stack model seq. To replace them or what ?
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2011, 07:06 AM
    You can, provided the replacement sequencer has enough switches. The original sequencer is probably more box-like (as in the pic in the upper-left). Ideally, you should have a separate switch for each heating element and the blower. The pic in the middle shows a sequencer capable of controlling 2 elements and the blower (the M1-M2 layer can be used for the blower and 1 element). If more than 2 elements are present, you will need a multiple-stack sequencer like the one on the lower-left. Pay attention to the switch symbols on the housing of the original, as they are a little unusual. The terminal designations on the stack-type are numbered in the order they close (M1-M2 makes first, breaks last, etc.). Make sure the blower is connected to the M1-M2 layer to assure it turns on first & off last.
    Attached Images

klocke6123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2013, 07:27 PM
    Approximately how much would it cost to replace the old with a newer electric furnace? Assuming the house is 1,200 S.F...
    debbiehurley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2013, 11:56 PM
    My heater is around 30 years old. It is 11KW Nordyne. I need to know how to wire the switches and transformers to the elements'

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lennox Furnace schematics [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I need the wiring schematic for a Lennox forced air gas furnace Model #CH7D-51M. Thanks.

Lennox furnace [ 2 Answers ]

We recently purchaced a new home, it has a lennox furnace,which was servuce as part of our purchace agreement. I find that the fan run constantly when the unit is turned on. The oil burner in our other house, also a lennox does not. How can a wiring schematic be obtained?

Lennox Electric Furnace doesn't restart [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Lennox EC10 electric furnace that doesn't seem to start when the thermostat demands. The furnace does start up but the air is not really hot so it seems to stay on for such a long time before the thermostat is satisfied. I was using a digital thermostat and thought that something may...

Lennox G12 furnace [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, My daughter has an old Lennox G12 furnace and the pilot light went out. I know this should be a simple task to relight, but we are not sure where the pilot light is and don't want to just stick a live flame in to "search" for it. Thanks, Chele

Wiring diagram for a Lennox Model E8-25-1 Electric Furnace. [ 1 Answers ]

The wiring Diagarm on the front panel is not clear enough to read. Also I need to know the proper sequencers & limits to use in this furnace. The furnace has been worked on by several people and I would like to rewire With all new parts

View more questions Search