Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Myystque Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2005, 07:49 PM
    Getting a Social Life
    Hi,

I am in my mid 20s, in grad school, and recently have been wanting to go out (eg, to night clubs). The only problem is that I have no group of friends to go with. My boyfriend (who might not even be my boyfriend anymore) doesn't always like to go, and I'd like to not always depend on him anyway. I have so much fun when I do get a chance to go out, but I'm stuck at home mainly because I don't want to go to a club alone. I have no friends from high school or younger, and the few friends I have from college don't like the kind of music I do and don't like going to clubs.

What should I do? I'd appreciate any advice...

Okay I don't want to sound too desperate, but I'd really like some advice!!

Vanessa
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2005, 05:51 AM
    Social life
    Hi,
    First of all, a social life is not just clubs, drinking, and such.
    Do you go to church? Do you bowl? Have any hobbies that others enjoy?
    Or, are you looking for a "drinking and dancing" social life.
    There must be many organizations on campus that you could join... meet new people. I am sure there are college dances, and coffee "break the ice" meetings.
    But, if you want your social life to be clubs only, why not go by yourself?
    Be yourself, and go. Meet some new people, get out there and enjoy yourself.
    Don't be afraid of "testing the waters" by yourself. The only way you are going to meet others who like clubs is to go to clubs!
    Have a drink or two (if you drink) and start up a conversation with someone, man or woman. Before you know it, you will have friends. Just remember that if you treat others with respect, you will meet others just like you.
    Take that first step; what can you lose? Just don't go home with the first man you meet! I do sincerely wish you good luck, and "good luck" only comes from you making the first step.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How is this life? [ 10 Answers ]

Every day is the same. I feel like I am trapped in a corner. This world is pushing me into a dark corner. Pushing me into somewere I don't want to be. Pushing me into something I do not want to do. School, Parents, Friends, Loved ones, Working, money, drugs, alcohol, and the future. All of these...

DSS in my life [ 3 Answers ]

I had my son taken away from me and my husband because we relapes on drugs and my in-law went to court to get custody and the judge said none of you are good enough for him (mind you during this time we had already started getting help again after being clean for three years) my son is 2 he changed...

Life [ 6 Answers ]

Hi just to start by saying I haven't been on here for a while which is also due to me moving etc because I had to :mad: and at the moment I actually hate life. I feel really depressed and have cut myself off from my friends. Even some really close friends I can't speak too and they try and help...

Aah the life... [ 2 Answers ]

Staying at Deer Creek State Park, out in the middle of nowhere (I thought)... doing some computer work while the kids are traipsing around outside looking for bugs, spiders and snakes... and lo and behold I get a message "there is a wireless network in range"!! An amazing world we live in, aye?

My life [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a lot of dreams in my life and I finally want to move forward and make something of my life.Do you see me making any of my dreams reality and will my life turn out OK or end up worse. Thanks in advance

View more questions Search