Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamiew76 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2007, 11:20 AM
    Finding out if someone is adopted
    How do I find out if someone in my family was adopted?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2007, 11:49 AM
    Why are you making it your business?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Oct 23, 2007, 11:06 PM
    You ask.
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Oct 26, 2007, 07:29 PM
    DNA testing (by mail).
    acoston Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Oct 30, 2007, 05:57 PM
    Haha I would agree with all of the above. If this person has confided in you that they think they might be... and the want to find out. Well. I guess it is in between that person and their parents. That person can only legally find out if they is over 18. BUT only that person is legally allowed to find out. You or anyone else cannot get those records.
    If that person is 18 and does want to find out, it is a legal process to get those kind of records found and released. IF they are there.
    LostSon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2013, 06:46 AM
    I had a son whilst I was stationed in England and am trying to trace him. I have his original birth certificate. I know that his Mother put him in care when he was a few months old and then went on to get married and have another child, I have tried searching for her through records [which I found] but have come to a standstill - perhaps she emigrated. I have received confllicting stories about my son as his Mother was a big liar. One is that he was very ill and not supposed to live - I searched death records = nothing. I am now at the conclusion that he was adopted but how do I find out?
    Don't judge me harshly, at the time of his birth I was in Viet Nam, it was when I came back my searching began.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adopted brother [ 10 Answers ]

Am I legally allowed to look for my over 18 yr old brother , even though my mum doesn't want too.. How do I go about this.. I am 30 and in UK

Looking for my brother who was adopted out [ 5 Answers ]

My brother was adopted out when I was 8 years old. I was told that he died after birth. I have since found out this is not true. He was born at the Mater Hospital in 1971 and his birth name was Anthony. Could you please help me find him.

Adopted kitten [ 3 Answers ]

We just adopted a female kitten that is eight weeks old, and we have a year old female cat already. Will she accept the kitten, or will we have to watch her around the kitten forever? Not sure whether she is stalking the kitten, or trying to be playful or not. I would feel awful if she harmed the...

Adopted dog [ 12 Answers ]

I found a dog to adopt. His name is Jesafur but we are calling him Jessie. They say he's a husky/black lab mix. We went to visit him and took our beagle to meet him and the kids to play with him. We have had him a week and a half. Since then he doesn't leave my side. Wherever I go there he follows....

View more questions Search