Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gkloon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2005, 06:01 AM
    Limitations of financial ratio and examples
    Hi,

Need help here to interprete the limitations of financial ratio and need examples... thank you
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2012, 04:48 PM
    While financial ratio analysis can provide us with important insight into a company's performance, a good financial analyst will be aware that there are some important limitations that should be noted when using financial ratios as an analytical tool in financial modeling.
    A few examples of limitations:
    * Ratio analysis is a retrospective, not prospective examination.

* Ratio analysis is based on accounting not economic data.

* Ratios don't capture significant off-balance sheet items.
    Source: Financial Modeling Guide

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

2-cycle oil / gas ratio [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I'm looking for a way to consolidate gas tanks. I have three different machines that of course all use a different ratio. Auger is 24:1, snowblower is 50:1, and weedeater is 40:1. Is there a product out there which would allow me to use 1 or 2 tanks for these... I'd appreciate any input ...

Ratio Analysis [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone help me please with this question? The lenders of X have asked you to prepare the following ratios for the company from their comparative financial statements. They are concerned about Soukup’s ability to continue as a going concern. The ratios are as follows: Year 2003 ...

Current Ratio [ 1 Answers ]

How would the following actions affect a firm’s current ratio? 1. A customer prepays in full for specially ordered merchandise that it will take 60 days to manufacture. 2. Inventory is sold at the firm’s normal 35% markup cost.

View more questions Search