Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

Oct 22, 2007, 04:02 PM
    Nuance speakers to a receiver.
    I can not understand how to hook up the base on these stupid speakers. They have a built in amp and speaker wire that turns into rca type connections. Each speaker has a possitive negative for base, and the two common standard speaker wire for general sound. I have the regular sound hooked up but I do not know how to hook up the base. It is a new pioneer receiver and is not srereo, I have 5 channels.
    Gregisteredtrademark Posts: 226, Reputation: 35

Oct 24, 2007, 10:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Quinn
    I can not understand how to hook up the base on these stupid speakers. They have a built in amp and speaker wire that turns into rca type connections. Each speaker has a possitive neg for base, and the two common standard speaker wire for general sound. I have the regular sound hooked up but I do not know how to hook up the base. It is a new pioneer receiver and is not srereo, I have 5 channels.
    You would normally connect that to a subwoofer output on your receiver.
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

Oct 25, 2007, 01:13 AM
    I tried that and they are not receiving it. I used to be good at stereos, but now they are so complicated.
    Gregisteredtrademark Posts: 226, Reputation: 35

Oct 25, 2007, 09:45 PM
    Have you turned on the subwoofer output from the menu on the receiver?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mute speakers [ 1 Answers ]

I need help. My speakers aren't working. How do I fix them? Is there a troubleshoot for this sort of thing?

Sub woofers and speakers [ 2 Answers ]

Can any one recommend any good sub woofers and speakers for tvs

Speakers [ 3 Answers ]

We have a 93 grand wagoneer and the front & back drivers side speakers have no sound. We disconnected the speakers and tried them on the house stereo and they work. Question is this: there are so many wires and we are trying to figure out if the speaker wire has come loose somewhere.We have no idea...

Speakers [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I connected new but no-name speakers to my new Dell. I get only static (squealing if I turn up volume). AOL says contact Dell. Dell says speakers may not be compatible w/ windows 98. Any other advice,please?

View more questions Search