Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shebasowner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2007, 03:33 PM
    My dog will not eat anything but any type of meat what can I feed her besides meat?
    My dog,Sheba,will not eat anything but meat.I know why she won't but how do I get her to eat dog food again?Sheba is nine years old and she has some arthritis and I put an arthritis pill,that my veternarian gave me, in her dog food a couple weeks ago and now she won't eat her dog food because the pill upset her stomach and she figured out that when she eats her food she gets sick.So please tell me anything I can feed her dog food wise or anything I can do to help her.
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 06:56 PM
    I would suggest maybe mixing the meat and the food with each other in more varying ratios each day until she is weaned off the meat and back on her food. I doubt she put two and two together and thought her food made her sick, but maybe, who knows. If she just plain will not eat the hard food though, she will get hungry eventually and return to it.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2007, 07:19 PM
    It is a big mistake usually to tempt a dog that isn't eating with rich food. Much of what you need to do and more is in the sticky at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post254171

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Rare meat containing blood? [ 6 Answers ]

My friend is convinced along with his family that rare steak does not contain blood but is just meat juices. I am convinced that it does contain blood. Does rare steak contain blood?

Tenerizing meat [ 3 Answers ]

What is the best way to tenderize beef, like steaks

My GSD won't eat, picks out meat [ 13 Answers ]

Hey I had just adpopted a dog yesterday she is a Yr old White German Shepherd named Blanca . When I brought her home she was kind of scared but she quickly got use to the family. She took a nap, explored the house and just got use to the house pretty quikly. But when I Tried to feed her...

View more questions Search